Half Life Stops responding on Multiplayer

Hi.

I brought a copy of Half Life this weekend. It a genuine copy and
plays fine in single player.
Everytime I try and play it in multiplayer it stops responding. It
does this via the multiplayer options in the game or when trying to
launch through Game Spy.
I can play MOH and Unreal no problem.

I am running it on Windows XP, Athlon 3000, 1gb of Ram and a GeFORCE
FX5200. Not the best spec in the world I know but not the worse!
Any help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

"adrian7886" <adrian7886@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I brought a copy of Half Life this weekend. It a genuine copy and
> plays fine in single player.
> Everytime I try and play it in multiplayer it stops responding. It
> does this via the multiplayer options in the game or when trying to
> launch through Game Spy.
> I can play MOH and Unreal no problem.
>
> I am running it on Windows XP, Athlon 3000, 1gb of Ram and a GeFORCE
> FX5200. Not the best spec in the world I know but not the worse!
> Any help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

what firewall do you have ?

--
If the information posted above helps then let me know.
If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

---

"Kelly Cotter" <"deletethis"kelly.cotter@*deletethis*blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<sVKDc.4722$By2.49735862@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> "adrian7886" <adrian7886@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I brought a copy of Half Life this weekend. It a genuine copy and
> > plays fine in single player.
> > Everytime I try and play it in multiplayer it stops responding. It
> > does this via the multiplayer options in the game or when trying to
> > launch through Game Spy.
> > I can play MOH and Unreal no problem.
> >
> > I am running it on Windows XP, Athlon 3000, 1gb of Ram and a GeFORCE
> > FX5200. Not the best spec in the world I know but not the worse!
> > Any help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> what firewall do you have ?
>
> --
> If the information posted above helps then let me know.
> If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.
>

> ---

Thanks for replying

I have Zone Alarm, but as far as I know I have allowed HL. I also use
Port Magic and have opened that up as well.

Cheers

> "Kelly Cotter"
> <"deletethis"kelly.cotter@*deletethis*blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:<sVKDc.4722$By2.49735862@news-text.cableinet.net>...
>> "adrian7886" <adrian7886@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I brought a copy of Half Life this weekend. It a genuine copy and
>>> plays fine in single player.
>>> Everytime I try and play it in multiplayer it stops responding. It
>>> does this via the multiplayer options in the game or when trying to
>>> launch through Game Spy.
>>> I can play MOH and Unreal no problem.
>>>
>>> I am running it on Windows XP, Athlon 3000, 1gb of Ram and a GeFORCE
>>> FX5200. Not the best spec in the world I know but not the worse!
>>> Any help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> what firewall do you have ?
>>
>> --
>> If the information posted above helps then let me know.
>> If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.
>>

>> ---
>
> Thanks for replying
>
> I have Zone Alarm, but as far as I know I have allowed HL. I also use
> Port Magic and have opened that up as well.
>
> Cheers

i had the same problem when using zone alarm pro. next time it stops alt+tab
out of it and you should see the zone alarm "asking box".
maybe ?

--

"Kelly Cotter" <"deletethis"kelly.cotter@*deletethis*blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MjXDc.5097$_11.53885058@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> "adrian7886" <adrian7886@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Kelly Cotter"
> > <"deletethis"kelly.cotter@*deletethis*blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> > message news:<sVKDc.4722$By2.49735862@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> >> "adrian7886" <adrian7886@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> what firewall do you have ?
> >>
> >> --
> >> If the information posted above helps then let me know.
> >> If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.
> >>

> >> ---
> >
> > Thanks for replying
> >
> > I have Zone Alarm, but as far as I know I have allowed HL. I also use
> > Port Magic and have opened that up as well.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> i had the same problem when using zone alarm pro. next time it stops alt+tab
> out of it and you should see the zone alarm "asking box".
> maybe ?
>
> --
> If the information posted above helps then let me know.
> If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.
>

> ---

No neeed as full access is granted. It still doesnt work so I gave up
and installed Enemy Territory instead. That worked first time.

Half Life....Phaaa............Rubbish

<the following has been snipped>

>> > Thanks for replying
>> >
>> > I have Zone Alarm, but as far as I know I have allowed HL. I also use
>> > Port Magic and have opened that up as well.
>> >
>> > Cheers

Have you tried disableing your firewall entirely? This is by no means
the way to play but it is the best way to diagnose.

Don't give up that easy.

<snip snip>
--
Ben VanderSluis