iPAQ H5555 mic quit working

May 29, 2004 12:10:37 AM

I have a H5555 and as of this morning I cant get the mic to record anything.
Ive hard reset the thing and tried using an external mic but still cannot
record anything. Anyone have any ideas to fix it?

I purchased a CompUSA TAP (instant replacement warranty) but they seem to be
out of stock and likely will not get any new ones as it's been classified
"end of life" by HP. The clerk said he could give me another model/mfg but
I have way to many iPAQ accessories to change mfg's now (expansion sleeve's
and spare batts).

What would you guys do in my situation, keeping in mind I use the recorder
daily during my normal workday and dont want to wait around indefinitely for
the 6000 series.

Mitch
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 12:10:38 AM

You might try to hooking some headphones to the ipaq, just plug them in a
few times then take the headphones out and try the microphone again. You
can use an external microphone with the ipaq and it's possible that the
contacts for the microphone are not making good contact.

rights...

"Mitch_A" <naman@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I have a H5555 and as of this morning I cant get the mic to record
>anything.
> Ive hard reset the thing and tried using an external mic but still cannot
> record anything. Anyone have any ideas to fix it?
>
> I purchased a CompUSA TAP (instant replacement warranty) but they seem to
> be
> out of stock and likely will not get any new ones as it's been classified
> "end of life" by HP. The clerk said he could give me another model/mfg
> but
> I have way to many iPAQ accessories to change mfg's now (expansion
> sleeve's
> and spare batts).
>
> What would you guys do in my situation, keeping in mind I use the recorder
> daily during my normal workday and dont want to wait around indefinitely
> for
> the 6000 series.
>
> Mitch

Anonymous
May 29, 2004 2:36:33 AM

Thanks Mr. Hicks Ill give it a try.

Mitch

"Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:%23DTsyGQREHA.964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You might try to hooking some headphones to the ipaq, just plug them in a
> few times then take the headphones out and try the microphone again. You
> can use an external microphone with the ipaq and it's possible that the
> contacts for the microphone are not making good contact.
>
> --
> Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> rights...

May 29, 2004 3:15:28 AM

> What would you guys do in my situation

Wasn't aware it was end of life, ther're still activly selling them directly
on there website. Over here in the UK anyway. I just bought 3 for work.

Would you be willing to take a remanufactored one from HP, ther're certainly
a lot of them being sold. HP sell them on Ebay directly with other traders
selling them too.

Ther're as new full refurbed with 12mth warranty.

--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO

email burrin@ntlworld.com
email damian@ukrocketry.com
email damian@larf-rocketry.co.uk
"Mitch_A" <naman@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I have a H5555 and as of this morning I cant get the mic to record
anything.
> Ive hard reset the thing and tried using an external mic but still cannot
> record anything. Anyone have any ideas to fix it?
>
> I purchased a CompUSA TAP (instant replacement warranty) but they seem to
be
> out of stock and likely will not get any new ones as it's been classified
> "end of life" by HP. The clerk said he could give me another model/mfg
but
> I have way to many iPAQ accessories to change mfg's now (expansion
sleeve's
> and spare batts).
>
> What would you guys do in my situation, keeping in mind I use the recorder
> daily during my normal workday and dont want to wait around indefinitely
for
> the 6000 series.
>
> Mitch

Anonymous
May 29, 2004 8:22:20 PM

"Mitch_A" <naman@pacbell.net> wrote in news:11Ntc.73819$4R7.3788
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com:

> as it's been classified
> "end of life" by HP.

Excuse me pardon me? I bought mine under 2 months ago and it is
certainly not at the end of it's life, they sell like hotdogs here.
it's the current model as far as I know, until the 6xxx series
steps into life, that is.

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Don't argue with me take it up with HP.

Mitch

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Excuse me pardon me? I bought mine under 2 months ago and it is
> certainly not at the end of it's life, they sell like hotdogs here.
> it's the current model as far as I know, until the 6xxx series
> steps into life, that is.
>
> ~S.
>

> --
> ======================