remote music server

I want to use remote destop to control a music server dedicated to my home
audio system. Is there a way to have remote desktop control the audio
functions of the remote PC rather than the one I am controlling from?
--
mlb2332

I used a program called XMMS control.

Its Linux based though.

I set up a dedicated linux box to play MP3s through the muzac system at
work, and its controlled through any web browsr

If you use Windows Media Encoder you can control the audio volume remotely.
I don't know what a music server dedicated to a home audio system is, but
you can broadcast to an Internet protocol (stream music) to your local
network, or the Internet. For example I can listen to music or watch video
on my laptop or my pocket pc from music or video that I stream from my
desktop computer.

"mlb2332" <mlb2332@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to use remote destop to control a music server dedicated to my home
> audio system. Is there a way to have remote desktop control the audio
> functions of the remote PC rather than the one I am controlling from?
> --
> mlb2332

Using your example, what if your the audio outputs from your desktop were
directly connected to inputs of your home stereo and you wanted to control
the volume and which songs were being played through your stereo via your
desktop remotely from your laptop?

I have a PC that serves no function other than to play music through my home
stereo and I want to control that PC from all the other PC's on my home
network using Remote Desktop or some other program. I can access those music
files and play them from anywhere on the network, that is easy, what I can't
do is direct that PC to play songs through it's own audio outputs which is
the problem I am trying to resolve.