I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.

Thanks

--
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)
4 answers Last reply
More about what files

    "Top Spin" wrote ...
    >I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like
    > .vob, .bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be
    > able to play them?
    >
    > I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.

    Does it play on a standalone DVD player? Sounds like it may
    be an ordinary DVD video disc.
    You likely need a DVD player application to play it on a computer.

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:43:26 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
    <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote:

    >"Top Spin" wrote ...
    >>I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like
    >> .vob, .bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be
    >> able to play them?
    >>
    >> I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.
    >
    >Does it play on a standalone DVD player? Sounds like it may
    >be an ordinary DVD video disc.
    >You likely need a DVD player application to play it on a computer.

    I don't actually have a standalone DVD player. I suppose I could
    borrow one. What threw me off was that when I put it in the DVD player
    on my PC, is was readable and had three folders. I guess it never
    occurred to me that a regular DVD disc would look like that.

    Can you recommend DVD playing software?

    Thanks

    Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
    (11/09/04)

    "Top Spin" <ToppSpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:43:26 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
    > <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote:
    >
    >>"Top Spin" wrote ...
    >>>I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like
    >>> .vob, .bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be
    >>> able to play them?
    >>>
    >>> I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.
    >>
    >>Does it play on a standalone DVD player? Sounds like it may
    >>be an ordinary DVD video disc.
    >>You likely need a DVD player application to play it on a computer.
    >
    > I don't actually have a standalone DVD player. I suppose I could
    > borrow one. What threw me off was that when I put it in the DVD player
    > on my PC, is was readable and had three folders. I guess it never
    > occurred to me that a regular DVD disc would look like that.

    I believe that Microsoft, et.al. specificly wrote that part of the
    operating systems so that it would interperet the directory and
    file structure of a DVD video disk.

    > Can you recommend DVD playing software?

    There are lots of them out there at various prices. I can't
    recommend any of them as I have yet to find one that I like.
    Perhaps others can recommend their favorites (and WHY)

    On a sunny day (Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:23:31 -0800) it happened Top Spin
    <ToppSpin@hotmail.com> wrote in <nc7j01lsputoqjjj4i9uajqt0pq1a25f3n@4ax.com>:

    >I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like .vob,
    >.bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be able to play
    >them?
    >
    >I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.
    DVD player

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics Product