What to do with .vob, .bup, .ifo, .ufo, .dwz files

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2005 12:23:31 AM

I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like .vob,
..bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be able to play
them?

I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.

Thanks

--
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 1:43:26 AM

"Top Spin" wrote ...
>I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like
> .vob, .bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be
> able to play them?
>
> I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.

Does it play on a standalone DVD player? Sounds like it may
be an ordinary DVD video disc.
You likely need a DVD player application to play it on a computer.
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 8:26:09 AM

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:43:26 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
<rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote:

>"Top Spin" wrote ...
>>I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like
>> .vob, .bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be
>> able to play them?
>>
>> I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.
>
>Does it play on a standalone DVD player? Sounds like it may
>be an ordinary DVD video disc.
>You likely need a DVD player application to play it on a computer.

I don't actually have a standalone DVD player. I suppose I could
borrow one. What threw me off was that when I put it in the DVD player
on my PC, is was readable and had three folders. I guess it never
occurred to me that a regular DVD disc would look like that.

Can you recommend DVD playing software?

Thanks

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)
February 9, 2005 10:44:26 AM

"Top Spin" <ToppSpin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:43:26 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
> <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote:
>
>>"Top Spin" wrote ...
>>>I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like
>>> .vob, .bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be
>>> able to play them?
>>>
>>> I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.
>>
>>Does it play on a standalone DVD player? Sounds like it may
>>be an ordinary DVD video disc.
>>You likely need a DVD player application to play it on a computer.
>
> I don't actually have a standalone DVD player. I suppose I could
> borrow one. What threw me off was that when I put it in the DVD player
> on my PC, is was readable and had three folders. I guess it never
> occurred to me that a regular DVD disc would look like that.

I believe that Microsoft, et.al. specificly wrote that part of the
operating systems so that it would interperet the directory and
file structure of a DVD video disk.

> Can you recommend DVD playing software?

There are lots of them out there at various prices. I can't
recommend any of them as I have yet to find one that I like.
Perhaps others can recommend their favorites (and WHY)
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 4:54:47 PM

On a sunny day (Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:23:31 -0800) it happened Top Spin
<ToppSpin@hotmail.com> wrote in <nc7j01lsputoqjjj4i9uajqt0pq1a25f3n@4ax.com>:

>I was given a DVD with a bunch of files with extensions like .vob,
>.bup, .ifo, .ufo, and .dwz. What software do I need to be able to play
>them?
>
>I don't know if they are video files, audio files, or what.
DVD player
!