Remote Desktop connection to 2 home computers

Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
addresses)?
6 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection home computers

    Anything is possible. You can have a RDP from Peru to China if you want.

    "JTP" wrote:

    > Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
    > between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
    > addresses)?

    See this page for help...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "JTP" <JTP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
    > between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
    > addresses)?

    yes, but if the remote PC uses dynamic IP addresses, you will need help
    from somebody to figure out what IP address to use to connect to the
    remote (unless the remote PC is always on, it never crashes, you know
    the IP address of the remote PC when it was connected to the ISP, and
    the remote PC has a connection that never fails).

    JTP wrote:
    > Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
    > between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
    > addresses)?

    That's quite easy if you use a dynamic naming service like No-IP.com which maps a fully qualified
    domain name to the ISP assigned IP address (DHCP or static)... I do that all the time...

    --

    "JW" <JustPostYourReply@ToThisNewsGroup.pls> wrote in message
    > yes, but if the remote PC uses dynamic IP addresses, you will need help from somebody to figure
    > out what IP address to use to connect to the remote (unless the remote PC is always on, it never
    > crashes, you know the IP address of the remote PC when it was connected to the ISP, and the remote
    > PC has a connection that never fails).
    >

    > JTP wrote:
    >> Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance) between 2 home
    >> computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP addresses)?

    thanks Sooner Al. i was hoping somebody would chime in with knowledge
    of a service like that. i never heard of No-IP.com
    i have heard of TZO.com
    but i have no experience using either.

    check www.my-ip.dk to

    "JW" wrote:

    > thanks Sooner Al. i was hoping somebody would chime in with knowledge
    > of a service like that. i never heard of No-IP.com
    > i have heard of TZO.com
    > but i have no experience using either.
    >

    > Sooner Al wrote:
    > > That's quite easy if you use a dynamic naming service like No-IP.com
    > > which maps a fully qualified domain name to the ISP assigned IP address
    > > (DHCP or static)... I do that all the time...

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows XP