Remote Desktop connection to 2 home computers

Tags:
  • Remote Desktop
  • Connection
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
January 9, 2005 9:57:01 PM

Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
addresses)?

More about : remote desktop connection home computers

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 12:45:01 AM

Anything is possible. You can have a RDP from Peru to China if you want.

"JTP" wrote:

> Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
> between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
> addresses)?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 8:21:02 AM

See this page for help...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"JTP" <JTP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
> between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
> addresses)?
January 11, 2005 12:37:24 AM

yes, but if the remote PC uses dynamic IP addresses, you will need help
from somebody to figure out what IP address to use to connect to the
remote (unless the remote PC is always on, it never crashes, you know
the IP address of the remote PC when it was connected to the ISP, and
the remote PC has a connection that never fails).

JTP wrote:
> Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance)
> between 2 home computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP
> addresses)?
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:37:25 AM

That's quite easy if you use a dynamic naming service like No-IP.com which maps a fully qualified
domain name to the ISP assigned IP address (DHCP or static)... I do that all the time...

--

"JW" <JustPostYourReply@ToThisNewsGroup.pls> wrote in message
news:o ACEd.14049$c13.4918@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> yes, but if the remote PC uses dynamic IP addresses, you will need help from somebody to figure
> out what IP address to use to connect to the remote (unless the remote PC is always on, it never
> crashes, you know the IP address of the remote PC when it was connected to the ISP, and the remote
> PC has a connection that never fails).
>

> JTP wrote:
>> Is is possible to have a remote desktoip connection (not remote assistance) between 2 home
>> computers (DLS and cable broadband connections and dynamic IP addresses)?
January 11, 2005 12:59:28 AM

thanks Sooner Al. i was hoping somebody would chime in with knowledge
of a service like that. i never heard of No-IP.com
i have heard of TZO.com
but i have no experience using either.

Sooner Al wrote:
> That's quite easy if you use a dynamic naming service like No-IP.com
> which maps a fully qualified domain name to the ISP assigned IP address
> (DHCP or static)... I do that all the time...

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 8:11:07 AM

check www.my-ip.dk to

!