How to setup Remote Desktop (win2000 not XP >.<)

Hi all

i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click
computer -> properties -> ...

How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<

i have logged in using adminstrator account.

More about setup remote desktop win2000

    Unless the W2K machine is a server running Terminal Services your out of luck. An alternative is
    UltraVNC. Get the server, client and encryption plug-in from...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
    http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> wrote in message news:upePuCx9EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi all
    >
    > i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click computer -> properties -> ...
    >
    > How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<
    >
    > i have logged in using adminstrator account.

    Thanks for your reply.

    Maybe my question is not clear.

    I wanna know how to setup a Terminal Services server in win 2000.

    UltraVNC is not my first priority, because the client side (my friend)
    is running winxp (non-administration).

    She can't install any software but can use remote desktop client.

    --

    "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:elglIHx9EHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Unless the W2K machine is a server running Terminal Services your
    > out of luck. An alternative is UltraVNC. Get the server, client and
    > encryption plug-in from...
    >
    > http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
    > http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > mutual benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >
    > "Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click
    >> computer -> properties -> ...
    >>
    >> How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<
    >>
    >> i have logged in using adminstrator account.

    I would post to the microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services, the
    microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server, the microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps or
    microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients news groups for help with that. Personally, I'm not a
    W2K/W2003 Server person.

    --

    Mary wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Maybe my question is not clear.
    >
    > I wanna know how to setup a Terminal Services server in win 2000.

    You need Windows 2000 (or 2003) server - not Win2k Pro/desktop.
    You have to buy Terminal Services CALs and install a licensing server - and
    the TS box should be dedicated to TS only (i.e., should not be a domain
    controller, mail server, etc).
    Best to post in m.p.windows.terminal_services if you need help with this.

    > UltraVNC is not my first priority, because the client side (my friend)
    > is running winxp (non-administration).
    >
    > She can't install any software but can use remote desktop client.
    >

    > "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid>
    > ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:elglIHx9EHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >> Unless the W2K machine is a server running Terminal Services your
    >> out of luck. An alternative is UltraVNC. Get the server, client and
    >> encryption plug-in from...
    >>
    >> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
    >> http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    >>
    >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
    >> mutual benefit of all of us...
    >> rights...
    >>
    >> "Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click
    >>> computer -> properties -> ...
    >>>
    >>> How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<
    >>>
    >>> i have logged in using adminstrator account.

    Thanks all.

    Maybe i use back VNC , because i am not using win 2000 server >.<

    --

    "Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:ulZtFQy9EHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Maybe my question is not clear.
    >
    > I wanna know how to setup a Terminal Services server in win 2000.
    >
    > UltraVNC is not my first priority, because the client side (my
    > friend) is running winxp (non-administration).
    >
    > She can't install any software but can use remote desktop client.
    >
    > --
    >

    > "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:elglIHx9EHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >> Unless the W2K machine is a server running Terminal Services your
    >> out of luck. An alternative is UltraVNC. Get the server, client and
    >> encryption plug-in from...
    >>
    >> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
    >> http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    >>
    >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
    >> mutual benefit of all of us...
    >> rights...
    >>
    >> "Mary" <uiower@ewr.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> i know how to setup Remote Desktop in win xp by right click
    >>> computer -> properties -> ...
    >>>
    >>> How about 2000 ? i can't find any Remote Desktop settings >.<
    >>>
    >>> i have logged in using adminstrator account.

Remote Desktop Windows XP