problem with RSS feed

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
well when i use the rss feed option with google coustomized home page it dosn'et log me in for some reason..... i can't reaply the the post through the link provided from the RSS feed

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
ok its that it don't log me in when i click on a link, it just takes me to the page, and says that :
Pat

Ancient Poster

Post(Msg. 24) Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:53 pm
Post subject: Re: IF AMD IS SO GREAT THEN WHY.... [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Spitfire_x86 wrote:
I don't understand why everybody keeps feeding the troll. Confused

good troll are facing extinction.. they keep it alive to bash him more..
Send e-mail

and i cannot use the replly or quote button as it treats me as a guest, but at the bottom of the page :
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

sooo what is going on here?? i say i can reply while i'm a guest or something? do i have like the wrong RSS feed or something?

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
TheHolyLancer,

I am not familiar with this google feature. You have to walk me thru putting saving and displaying RSS feeds there, and I will be happy to help debug this.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
well problem is if i click on the links on the left and goto thsat exactly thread regularily, i'm logged in.... and can post, no login screen... and in order to get the rss you click on rss and you get a page with some XML codes that say
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

on the top of my ff browser (persumablily because igot no rss reader...) and so you cut the link of the page outta the browser :
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/rdf0.php?f=1
and then goto your google personiazed home page then goto create a new section and paste that link there, then the rss link should appear after a short search

Depending of what version of FF you have, there will be a orange button with white lines in either the status bar at the bottom of the window or one in the address bar (V1.5+)

Clicking that will list the RSS feeds.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
i got 1.7, i don't really want a rss to thg in my ff windows though, i check me google homepage daily and the rss feed thing on ff is for more important things (specific threads, up date on things i really wanterd to know, etc.) so all my general (non thread specific) rss feed for forum is in my google home page (its kinda long now at 2 pages but i can still browse through it)

btw i check my ff rss every time i open ff, and delete them as nessiary