I have a new computer with windows 7 professional 64 bit & cant get office 2

meema

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
My computer has Win7Pro 64 bit. I get half way through installation of the Office 2003 Pro & it stops & asks for the disc to be inserted. I have taken it out & reinserted it & tried installing at least a dozen times & it continually does the same thing. Can anyone help me with this problem?

meema

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
I have installed in on another PC that has win7 64bit & had no problems.
Following is the point that it stops & keeps requesting the disc:
copying file: Microsoft Office.Interop.InfoPath.Semitrust.dll

Did you do that just now after you ran into the issue here or just that the disk worked in the past? Most likely issue is a bad disk, then something wrong with the hard drive (it's failing to copy the file to the drive properly), then a bad DVD drive.

meema

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
The computer is brand new so the likeliness of a bad hard drive or dvd drive is pretty slim. I don't understand why it would install on 1 computer & not another but then just like people computers can be finicky too. thanks for your help.

If you installed on the other computer years ago, media goes bad, even just in storage at times. Could be smugged, scratched. If you just now tried it and it installed on another computer, try a different drive on the new PC. You can't say it installed on a computer before sometime in the past and rule out the disk. You need to try it somewhere else now.

meema

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
It was installed on another computer witin the last 3 months. I have asked many others about this & some it seems to be a 50/50 chance with 2003 & W7 as to it's working or not. I gave up & bought 2010...still like 2003 better as this has much more on it than I will ever need. Thanks for all your help...I really apppreciated it.

2003 will run fine on Win 7, I had it on 2 of my home machines. If you want to rule out the disk, copy the setup files off the CD to a directory on the computer and run the setup. If all the files copy OK, the disk is good, and you will be able to install from the hard drive.