Offer Remote Assistance

January 12, 2005 2:37:05 PM

Is it possible to set up Remote Assistance without being part of a domain. I
am using workgroups but would like to be able to offer assistance to users on
there machines. I keep getting a permission denied error when trying to
connect. I have enabled the policy but am not sure what to put in the
helpers area for access.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 4:53:26 PM

The Remote Assistance "Offer" functionality is not available for workgroups, only for domains or
trusted domain environments. This page details an alternative solution...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/...

Note that this could get cumbersome with a large user base...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

news:D 88747A0-2519-499D-9068-79D4E98E2174@microsoft.com...
!