Offer Remote Assistance

Is it possible to set up Remote Assistance without being part of a domain. I
am using workgroups but would like to be able to offer assistance to users on
there machines. I keep getting a permission denied error when trying to
connect. I have enabled the policy but am not sure what to put in the
helpers area for access.
1 answer Last reply
More about offer remote assistance

    The Remote Assistance "Offer" functionality is not available for workgroups, only for domains or
    trusted domain environments. This page details an alternative solution...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/RemoteAssistance.html

    Note that this could get cumbersome with a large user base...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to set up Remote Assistance without being part of a domain. I
    > am using workgroups but would like to be able to offer assistance to users on
    > there machines. I keep getting a permission denied error when trying to
    > connect. I have enabled the policy but am not sure what to put in the
    > helpers area for access.

Microsoft Windows XP