Looking for USB 2.0 digital video cameras

Hello,

I´m looking for a couple of USB interface digital video cameras. I´m
assuming this is not very popular but to use firewire. Due to my
hardware constraints I need to find a USB video camera instead. Is
there any advice on which´s the best vendor on this regard. I need
the raw video data stream, no compression.

Thanks,

Daniel.

don't know of any. What is the reason you can not use Firewire?

"nap" <gospam@yourself.com> wrote in message news:<xBOOd.2870$lz5.2334@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net>...
> don't know of any. What is the reason you can not use Firewire?

It´s a system requirement. We don´t want to turn out our development
to firewire yet. I found a Hitachi Camera but it´s $4,400 USD. I
think they use it for machine vision. I´m looking for two of them so
$9000 USD is not an option...Keep looking for. What about Camera Link,
If I need to change then I would like to evaluate all these new
protocols.

On a sunny day (10 Feb 2005 18:43:52 -0800) it happened dcharlesm@gmail.com
(Daniel Charles) wrote in <929be7fe.0502101843.62eaea07@posting.google.com>:

>"nap" <gospam@yourself.com> wrote in message news:<xBOOd.2870$lz5.2334@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net>...
>> don't know of any. What is the reason you can not use Firewire?
>
>It´s a system requirement. We don´t want to turn out our development
>to firewire yet. I found a Hitachi Camera but it´s $4,400 USD. I
>think they use it for machine vision. I´m looking for two of them so
>$9000 USD is not an option...Keep looking for. What about Camera Link,
>If I need to change then I would like to evaluate all these new
>protocols.
Whats is wrong with a USB webcam?
What quality do you need?
Most USB webcams these days are 25 or 30 fps and some have CCD (not CMOS) at
up to 640x480?
Dunno about lenses though, but for 200$ you have the best webcams.

It will be cheaper to upgrade your PC to firewire, cost about $10, and
$10 for FW PC-Card to your laptop

On 12 Feb 2005 10:42:38 -0800, "Worrier" <irnmdn@email.com> wrote:

>It will be cheaper to upgrade your PC to firewire, cost about $10, and
>$10 for FW PC-Card to your laptop

Hear, hear.

TRENDING THREADS