Canon Powershot S45 - Zoombrowser

I've got a problem when transferring files from the camera to the PC
with Zoombrowser (4.0). I get the error message "No camera was found".
The strange thing is that it works when I use the scanner and camera
function
provided by the operating system (win xp), meaning that it has to do with
the software.
I've tried to reinstall Zoombrowser without luck.
Any suggestions?

Terje

"tsk" <terj-sk@online.no> wrote in message
> I've got a problem when transferring files from the camera to the PC
> with Zoombrowser (4.0). I get the error message "No camera was found".
> The strange thing is that it works when I use the scanner and camera
> function
> provided by the operating system (win xp), meaning that it has to do with
> the software.
> I've tried to reinstall Zoombrowser without luck.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Terje

Link to support for Canon PowerShot S45 digital camera.
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=223&modelid=8507

Under Tech Support
Click Technical FAQs, then click Search by Category.

Check out Difficulties when connecting to the computer
And Difficulties with bundled software

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 19:10:07 +0200, "tsk" <terj-sk@online.no> wrote:

>I've got a problem when transferring files from the camera to the PC
>with Zoombrowser (4.0). I get the error message "No camera was found".
>The strange thing is that it works when I use the scanner and camera
>function
>provided by the operating system (win xp), meaning that it has to do with
>the software.
>I've tried to reinstall Zoombrowser without luck.
>Any suggestions?

....the camera is set to "play" (and not "record") ?

And why are You using an old version of the ZoomBrowser? I found the
5.0 release to be much better than the 4.x's, both visually and
functionally. Get the newer version from
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=223&modelid=8507

Thanks for help!
At the end of the reinstallation of the WIA driver (step III , no 13)
I got the answers to my missery. It says:
Check that the camera's [Communication] setting is set to [Normal], and then
turn the camera off.
My son had recently used the camera, and played intensively with the menues
(like the kids are doing with their
mobile phones). The connection on the camera had been set to PTP. That was
the problem.

Terje