SONY DSCP200

Hi can anyone give me any insight to what this camera is like please before
i buy it, SONY DSC P 200.
Thankyou

Tracym
10 answers Last reply
More about sony dscp200

    I have just bought one and it seem a good buy for the price although the
    macro function is not nearly as good as on the fuji i own..

    "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
    >I have just bought one and it seem a good buy for the price although the
    >macro function is not nearly as good as on the fuji i own..
    > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi can anyone give me any insight to what this camera is like please
    >> before i buy it, SONY DSC P 200.
    >> Thankyou
    >>
    >> Tracym

    I was using a FUJI Fotonex 250ixzoom up until now, ( still have my Minolta
    slr for special occasions)
    So gone ahead and bout the Sony DSC P200, waiting for it as we speak, i am
    hoping it will be better than my fuji
    which is a really good camera always got great pics from it, (unlike the
    Packard Bell 2mp (freebie with new pc etc)
    Cheers.
    Tracym

    > "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
    >>I have just bought one and it seem a good buy for the price although the
    >>macro function is not nearly as good as on the fuji i own..
    >> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi can anyone give me any insight to what this camera is like please
    >>> before i buy it, SONY DSC P 200.

    > I was using a FUJI Fotonex 250ixzoom up until now, ( still have my Minolta
    > slr for special occasions)
    > So gone ahead and bout the Sony DSC P200, waiting for it as we speak, i am
    > hoping it will be better than my fuji
    > which is a really good camera always got great pics from it, (unlike the
    > Packard Bell 2mp (freebie with new pc etc)
    > Cheers.
    > Tracym

    Well it arrived, can someone tell me the difference between SD and XD for
    cards please, I orded a XD card as it was on offer if i bought the camera,
    but it looks bigger than the SD one, I dont want to open the pack in case
    its wrong size, I am assuming it should fit as it was on offer
    with the camera,
    Thanks in advance
    Tracym

    I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    >I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick

    When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra items
    compatable with the camera i was buying,
    so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera, so
    i assumed it would work with it,
    but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and dont
    want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
    Tracym
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    > "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
    > >I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick
    > >
    > When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra items
    > compatable with the camera i was buying,
    > so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera,
    so
    > i assumed it would work with it,
    > but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and
    dont
    > want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
    > Tracym

    That Sony Camera uses only a "Memory Stick". As do most, if not all of
    Sony's Digital cameras.

    No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
    Check the manual that came with the camera.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
    >> >I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick
    >> >
    >> When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra items
    >> compatable with the camera i was buying,
    >> so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera,
    > so
    >> i assumed it would work with it,
    >> but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and
    > dont
    >> want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
    >> Tracym
    >>

    > That Sony Camera uses only a "Memory Stick". As do most, if not all of
    > Sony's Digital cameras.
    >
    > No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
    > Check the manual that came with the camera.
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --

    Thanks for this, I cant believe PCworld Would let me buy it knowing which
    camera I was buying etc,
    (if you don't understand how I am explaining this, as I am confusing myself
    easily) when on PCW website you go to buy something they
    give you options to buy other items at a discount in connection with your
    purchase, these items are all on the same page as the item in your basket)
    When I bought the Sony dscp200, I opted for a case and a XD card, If it
    wasn't compatible, it shouldn't have been on the same page.
    I am going to contact them now to arrange a refund and collection, etc .
    Thanks everyone.
    Tracym
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    xd or sd cards are not compatible with the sony p200 period. To get back to
    the question the p200 is quite simply the best pocket digital camera I have
    ever owned hands down.

    > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
    > >> >
    > >> When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra
    items
    > >> compatable with the camera i was buying,
    > >> so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the
    camera,
    > > so
    > >> i assumed it would work with it,
    > >> but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and
    > > dont
    > >> want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
    > >> Tracym
    > >>

    > > That Sony Camera uses only a "Memory Stick". As do most, if not all of
    > > Sony's Digital cameras.
    > >
    > > No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
    > > Check the manual that came with the camera.
    > >
    > > --
    > > CSM1
    > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > > --
    >
    > Thanks for this, I cant believe PCworld Would let me buy it knowing which
    > camera I was buying etc,
    > (if you don't understand how I am explaining this, as I am confusing
    myself
    > easily) when on PCW website you go to buy something they
    > give you options to buy other items at a discount in connection with your
    > purchase, these items are all on the same page as the item in your basket)
    > When I bought the Sony dscp200, I opted for a case and a XD card, If it
    > wasn't compatible, it shouldn't have been on the same page.
    > I am going to contact them now to arrange a refund and collection, etc .
    > Thanks everyone.
    > Tracym

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
    >>> >
    >>> When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra
    >>> items
    >>> compatable with the camera i was buying,
    >>> so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera,
    >> so
    >>> i assumed it would work with it,
    >>> but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and
    >> dont
    >>> want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
    >>> Tracym
    >>>

    >> That Sony Camera uses only a "Memory Stick". As do most, if not all of
    >> Sony's Digital cameras.
    >>
    >> No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
    >> Check the manual that came with the camera.
    >>
    >> --
    >> CSM1
    >> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    >> --
    >
    > Thanks for this, I cant believe PCworld Would let me buy it knowing which
    > camera I was buying etc,
    > (if you don't understand how I am explaining this, as I am confusing
    > myself easily) when on PCW website you go to buy something they
    > give you options to buy other items at a discount in connection with your
    > purchase, these items are all on the same page as the item in your basket)
    > When I bought the Sony dscp200, I opted for a case and a XD card, If it
    > wasn't compatible, it shouldn't have been on the same page.
    > I am going to contact them now to arrange a refund and collection, etc .
    > Thanks everyone.
    > Tracym

    Tracy, It is called "marketing".
    Everybody does it. Some are more conscientious about what they offer.
    It is the old saying, "Buyer beware".
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Unfortunately the web-site isn't "intelligent". It knows you're buying a
    camera and offers some of the most commonly sold accessories, whether you
    need them or not.

    Some web-sites are good at offering relevant accessories, unfortunately not
    that one.

    "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
    >>> >
    >>> When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra
    >>> items
    >>> compatable with the camera i was buying,
    >>> so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera,
    >> so
    >>> i assumed it would work with it,
    >>> but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and
    >> dont
    >>> want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
    >>> Tracym
    >>>

    >> That Sony Camera uses only a "Memory Stick". As do most, if not all of
    >> Sony's Digital cameras.
    >>
    >> No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
    >> Check the manual that came with the camera.
    >>
    >> --
    >> CSM1
    >> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    >> --
    >
    > Thanks for this, I cant believe PCworld Would let me buy it knowing which
    > camera I was buying etc,
    > (if you don't understand how I am explaining this, as I am confusing
    > myself easily) when on PCW website you go to buy something they
    > give you options to buy other items at a discount in connection with your
    > purchase, these items are all on the same page as the item in your basket)
    > When I bought the Sony dscp200, I opted for a case and a XD card, If it
    > wasn't compatible, it shouldn't have been on the same page.
    > I am going to contact them now to arrange a refund and collection, etc .
    > Thanks everyone.
    > Tracym

Cameras Sony Peripherals