Hi can anyone give me any insight to what this camera is like please before
i buy it, SONY DSC P 200.
Thankyou

Tracym

I have just bought one and it seem a good buy for the price although the
macro function is not nearly as good as on the fuji i own..

"Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
>I have just bought one and it seem a good buy for the price although the
>macro function is not nearly as good as on the fuji i own..
> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi can anyone give me any insight to what this camera is like please
>> before i buy it, SONY DSC P 200.
>> Thankyou
>>
>> Tracym

I was using a FUJI Fotonex 250ixzoom up until now, ( still have my Minolta
slr for special occasions)
So gone ahead and bout the Sony DSC P200, waiting for it as we speak, i am
hoping it will be better than my fuji
which is a really good camera always got great pics from it, (unlike the
Packard Bell 2mp (freebie with new pc etc)
Cheers.
Tracym

> "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
>>I have just bought one and it seem a good buy for the price although the
>>macro function is not nearly as good as on the fuji i own..
>> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi can anyone give me any insight to what this camera is like please
>>> before i buy it, SONY DSC P 200.

> I was using a FUJI Fotonex 250ixzoom up until now, ( still have my Minolta
> slr for special occasions)
> So gone ahead and bout the Sony DSC P200, waiting for it as we speak, i am
> hoping it will be better than my fuji
> which is a really good camera always got great pics from it, (unlike the
> Packard Bell 2mp (freebie with new pc etc)
> Cheers.
> Tracym

Well it arrived, can someone tell me the difference between SD and XD for
cards please, I orded a XD card as it was on offer if i bought the camera,
but it looks bigger than the SD one, I dont want to open the pack in case
its wrong size, I am assuming it should fit as it was on offer
with the camera,
Thanks in advance
Tracym

I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick

>I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick

When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra items
compatable with the camera i was buying,
so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera, so
i assumed it would work with it,
but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and dont
want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
Tracym

> "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
> >I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick
> >
> When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra items
> compatable with the camera i was buying,
> so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera,
so
> i assumed it would work with it,
> but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and
dont
> want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
> Tracym

That Sony Camera uses only a "Memory Stick". As do most, if not all of
Sony's Digital cameras.

No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
Check the manual that came with the camera.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Biffo" <Biffos@home .com> wrote in message
>> >I thought you could only use a sony compatible memory stick
>> >
>> When i bought the camera from PCW they gave me options to buy extra items
>> compatable with the camera i was buying,
>> so i ordered a xd128mb fuji card, it was on the same page as the camera,
> so
>> i assumed it would work with it,
>> but without opening the packet i cant see the complete size of it, and
> dont
>> want to risk opening it as i wont be able to take it back,
>> Tracym
>>

> That Sony Camera uses only a "Memory Stick". As do most, if not all of
> Sony's Digital cameras.
>
> No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
> Check the manual that came with the camera.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

Thanks for this, I cant believe PCworld Would let me buy it knowing which
camera I was buying etc,
(if you don't understand how I am explaining this, as I am confusing myself
easily) when on PCW website you go to buy something they
give you options to buy other items at a discount in connection with your
purchase, these items are all on the same page as the item in your basket)
When I bought the Sony dscp200, I opted for a case and a XD card, If it
wasn't compatible, it shouldn't have been on the same page.
I am going to contact them now to arrange a refund and collection, etc .
Thanks everyone.
Tracym

bojangles

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

xd or sd cards are not compatible with the sony p200 period. To get back to
the question the p200 is quite simply the best pocket digital camera I have
ever owned hands down.

> [...]

>> No other type of memory will work or fit the memory slot.
>> Check the manual that came with the camera.
>>
>> --
>> CSM1
>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>> --
>
> Thanks for this, I cant believe PCworld Would let me buy it knowing which
> camera I was buying etc,
> (if you don't understand how I am explaining this, as I am confusing
> myself easily) when on PCW website you go to buy something they
> give you options to buy other items at a discount in connection with your
> purchase, these items are all on the same page as the item in your basket)
> When I bought the Sony dscp200, I opted for a case and a XD card, If it
> wasn't compatible, it shouldn't have been on the same page.
> I am going to contact them now to arrange a refund and collection, etc .

Tracy, It is called "marketing".
Everybody does it. Some are more conscientious about what they offer.
It is the old saying, "Buyer beware".
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Unfortunately the web-site isn't "intelligent". It knows you're buying a
camera and offers some of the most commonly sold accessories, whether you
need them or not.

Some web-sites are good at offering relevant accessories, unfortunately not
that one.