Remote thru Netgear Router - forwarding ?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Hi,

I have a hub with a couple fo XP Pro boxes and a router to a cable modem
also connected to the hub. I have web access out fine.

Remore from my notebook ro one of these XPs usd to work with my previous
router but now I have a Netgear WGT624 and for the life of me can't get
access now. I am just confused I guess.

What IP number do I put in the Notebook Remote.. the routers IP or the
box I am going to?

Do I need to set up a Port Forwarding in the router ?

The Remote art is set up okay as I can get the desktop thru the lan, but
as soonb as I have to key in the IP number, I get the no permission, not
setup, busy, etc panel.

Thanks

Rock

Comments inline.

Rock wrote:
> I have a hub with a couple fo XP Pro boxes and a router to a cable
> modem also connected to the hub. I have web access out fine.
>
> Remote from my notebook to one of these XPs used to work with my
> previous router but now I have a Netgear WGT624 and for the life of
> me can't get access now. I am just confused I guess.
>
> What IP number do I put in the Notebook Remote.. the routers IP or the
> box I am going to?

The Routers IP - as it is the only externally accessible IP (assuming the
router is assigning the IPs of the PCs connected to it.)

> Do I need to set up a Port Forwarding in the router ?

That is one way of doing it, yes.

--
<- Shenan ->

TRENDING THREADS