I'm connecting a Win 98 machine to a Windows XP SP2 machines remote desktop.
Once the connection is made, I can go into the printer properties and connect
the printer to port TS001, but if I shutdown the machine , the printer is
deleted and not recreated the next time I login.

This problem is because the print driver in Windows 98 has a different name
than the print driver in Windows XP. If this where Citrix, I know that I
could modify the printer redirection setting to match these drivers. Is this
possible in Win XP?

The printer mapping feature you refer to that is available in the CMC is
available for RDP via user defined inf file. Details on how to set this up
are here:

http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

Microsoft also provides a Printer Redirection Wizard to create the inf file
and registry entries.

http://www.workthin.com/tsdown.htm

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

"Wayne Hall" wrote:

> I'm connecting a Win 98 machine to a Windows XP SP2 machines remote desktop.
> Once the connection is made, I can go into the printer properties and connect
> the printer to port TS001, but if I shutdown the machine , the printer is
> deleted and not recreated the next time I login.
>
> This problem is because the print driver in Windows 98 has a different name
> than the print driver in Windows XP. If this where Citrix, I know that I
> could modify the printer redirection setting to match these drivers. Is this
> possible in Win XP?

TRENDING THREADS