Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828

I am thinking of purchasing a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 in the UK but when I
enquired in a few of our bigger London stores they said they had been
discontinued and suggested the reason was because they were clearing them
out to make way for a newer model. However, I can't find anything that
suggests that this current model is about to be replaced with a newer
version.

Does anyone know anything about this because I do not want to spend my hard
earned cash on an old version.

My Best Regards,

Barry
2 answers Last reply
More about sony cyber shot f828

    <barry@bollex.com> wrote in message
    > I am thinking of purchasing a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 in the UK but when
    > enquired in a few of our bigger London stores they said they had been
    > discontinued and suggested the reason was because they were clearing them
    > out to make way for a newer model. However, I can't find anything that
    > suggests that this current model is about to be replaced with a newer
    > version.
    >
    > Does anyone know anything about this because I do not want to spend my
    hard
    > earned cash on an old version.
    >
    > My Best Regards,
    >
    > Barry

    Camera came out in Nov 2003
    http://www.dcviews.com/_sony/f828.htm

    Sony is still selling it on there web site.
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=49y2EEETxXa2NAPcz2-8Gw4CLKkyVVnPaA0=?CategoryName=dcc_DIDigitalCameras_CybershotProDigitalCameras&Dept=cameras

    Long link above:
    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2D85266B

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:08:39 GMT, <barry@bollex.com> wrote:

    >I am thinking of purchasing a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 in the UK but when I
    >enquired in a few of our bigger London stores they said they had been
    >discontinued and suggested the reason was because they were clearing them
    >out to make way for a newer model. However, I can't find anything that
    >suggests that this current model is about to be replaced with a newer
    >version.
    >
    >Does anyone know anything about this because I do not want to spend my hard
    >earned cash on an old version.
    >
    >My Best Regards,
    >
    >Barry

    Turned out to be a Bad Camera in the Optics or CCD. Read the Reviews , they
    all say the same thing, but other than that, its a great camera with lots of
    nice features..

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf828/page21.asp

    DPreview.

    Conclusion - Cons
    Strong visible chromatic aberrations in backlit or reflections in bright sunny
    conditions
    Higher noise levels than the current crop of five megapixel digital cameras
    Potential hue shift on overexposed greens
    Visible sharpening 'white halo' around black lines
    Barrel distortion at wide angle (although expected of such a wide angle DC
    lens)
    Difficult to get good macro performance without barrel distortion
    Annoying shutter release locking issue where you must wait before re-pressing
    Would have been nice to have Adobe RGB color space option
    Average buffer size, not used for RAW or TIFF images which lock the camera
    during write
    No user settings / memories
    No blinking highlights in histogram playback mode
    Unrequired separate play mode, should have shooting priority full play mode
    via QV button
    Very small photosite compromising image quality (marketing over quality)?

    This is some thing to wait for

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0506/05060202samsung_pro815.asp

    Yes I have a Sony F717 and was very disappointed with the out come of the
    F828

Cameras Sony Peripherals