Remote registry access.

January 17, 2005 11:55:06 AM

My Remote Registry service is started (automatic) in this PC (XP SP1), but I
cannot remote connect to this PC's registry from another computer. When
connecting from another computer, it asked for a valid user name and
password, and I entered one with admin rights, and it still did not work
(access is denied). Any idea? Thanks.

More about : remote registry access

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:09:01 PM

"Ken Wong" wrote:

> My Remote Registry service is started (automatic) in this PC (XP SP1), but I
> cannot remote connect to this PC's registry from another computer. When
> connecting from another computer, it asked for a valid user name and
> password, and I entered one with admin rights, and it still did not work
> (access is denied). Any idea? Thanks.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 2:13:01 PM

Ken,
Dig into Regedit to this key..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServers.
Right click on this and go to permissions. Add permission to read for LOCAL
SERVICE. This allows the remote registry service to talk to the registry.
Nice work on this one Microsoft. Hope this helps.
Brandon

!