Unable to Drag-and-Drop files.

I've been experimenting with Remote Desktop and came across one usability
issue. I am unable to drag and drop any files between client and host
computers. This pertains to not only execuatable files but also to word and
pdf files. All other features seem to be working fine. Is this a deliberate
restriction? How do I enable draging and dropping files?

PK wrote:
> I've been experimenting with Remote Desktop and came across one
> usability issue. I am unable to drag and drop any files between
> client and host computers. This pertains to not only execuatable
> files but also to word and pdf files. All other features seem to be
> working fine. Is this a deliberate restriction? How do I enable
> draging and dropping files?

You don't drop files between client/host or the opposite. You can map the
drives using the options of the Remote Desktop Client, however.. Allowing
you to use the drives...

--
<- Shenan ->

"PK" <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been experimenting with Remote Desktop and came across one usability
> issue. I am unable to drag and drop any files between client and host
> computers. This pertains to not only execuatable files but also to word
> and
> pdf files. All other features seem to be working fine. Is this a
> deliberate
> restriction?

It's not a 'deliberate restriction,' it's just that implementing such
funtionality would be challenging to implement, so Microsoft has chosen
simply not to provide it.

> How do I enable draging and dropping files?

You don't. As others mentioned, what you do instead is map the drives of
the client back to the host machine, move files onto those mapped drives,
and then open the files from your client.

---Joel Kolstad