Video editing and Laptop Toshiba P30 3.3G

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Two days ago I bought Toshiba laptop P30
(3,3G, 128M video card, 1G memory) for video DV editing.
My friend has Dell with similar configuration and it works ok.
Unfortunately when my new Toshiba P30 was loaded with AVI file
successfully without any drop of frame I couldn’t edit.
The sequence played from timeline was jerky and picture was jumping
every 3-5 sec.
I am dissapointed and want to return this comp back to seller.
Is it something wrong with Premiere_6 or comp in not powerful enough?
Thanks for any advise.

Chris

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

You should have no problems with tha machine, but it sounds like the hard
drive is no running fast enough.
You could be missing a driver or something.
I haven't used Premiere lately but version's 5 and 6 always had problems
playing back video in the program but once rendered it would be fine. A 3ghz
machine should have no problem playing a DV avi file.

I'd try benchmarking the system to see if there is a problem with the
hardware.
Try Performance Test 5 from http://www.passmark.com/
They have a trial version you can use for free.
UB