RichPLS

Champion
Err, just bought PSU from NewEgg with free shipping. Will be here monday. It was an Antec 550 watt TruePower and total price was $74.99 to my door.
Do you think ZZF could beat that?

Teh_Catman

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2005
You people are American so who cares if newegg or ZZF your still getting lower prices than the rest of the world. Suck it up and pay some shipping.

dhlucke

Polypheme
They both charge tax. There are other alternatives. Nonetheless, with Newegg's current shipping prices they aren't very competative anymore. At least not to my neck of the woods.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
They both charge tax. There are other alternatives. Nonetheless, with Newegg's current shipping prices they aren't very competative anymore. At least not to my neck of the woods.

they both charge tax TO YOU, i dont get charged tax for either....i have ordered many things from Newegg and i dont think i have ever had tax, and ZZF i have had one order...so maybe i dunno.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I understand this. I think Newegg only charges tax for NJ, CA, and TN, but that's only a small part of the problem. My problem with them is that their shipping has gone to shite.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
VERY TRUE!!

I dont care that they have random shipping amounts like 3.28 and 4.53 and whatnot....usually they are reasonable. Its under 6bucks for just about anythign they have thats not a Case, something big or heavy.

But they will charge you ASAP and sometimes not even get around to boxing your items for 3-4days, so 3day shipping turns into like 7-10day shipping sometimes.

pat

Expert
THat's what happen when bunch of idiot noob buy stuff and send fully functionning stuff back to newegg because they cannot read the manual and don't plug the 4 pins wire or other simple thing... Or order something then decide that it don't like something and RMA it. This was maybe becoming abusing. Someone has to pay for that. Now, ZZF might get more orders, more stuff sent back. and they will start to charge for shipping.

I'm not american, I don't buy from either NE or ZZF, so I'm not advocating for either one. But I know somebody that work for a computer shop and merchandise return for nothing is pretty high.

RichPLS

Champion
I ordered Thursday at lunchtime my PSU. It had free 2-3 day shipping, no tax and actrually was shipped out the same day.
The next day I had an email with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers.
Tracking says it will arrive today.
I have no complaints yet with my recent NewEgg order, and the price was the best I could find on it.
Service seemed great! and selection is what I was searching for...
You can't please everyone all the time...

dhlucke

Polypheme
I ordered a printer. Their standard shipping is UPS now and FedEx is suddenly a lot more expensive. UPS kept delivering it when I wasn't home but after the first time I called to have either the address changed to my work address or requested a pickup. They wouldn't allow either per Newegg's stupid contract so after a week (more for a pack of dvd-r's) everything was RMA'd automatically and I never got my order. It was cheaper and less aggravating for me to buy the printer at compusa *faints* than newegg.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
I go newegg for the service. From all the RMA services out there, Newegg is one of the best. ZZF have been a pain in my past exp. Wats the good of 2nd-day air when it usually take them 3-4 days to physically ship it?

You have to pay tax. Because you live in Cal. I don't pay tax from NewEgg. :mrgreen:

godlyatheist

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2005
okay guys, regarding shipping

ZZF ONLY CHARGE TAX TO AK AND HAWAII AND ITS SHIPPING DOES NOT EXCEED $$$$$$$$10$$$$$$$$$$ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so for ak and ha residents don't buy from zzf for small orders.

Also, ZZF uses Fedex, which is way way way better than UPS!!!!

acole

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2005
okay guys, regarding shipping

ZZF ONLY CHARGE TAX TO AK AND HAWAII AND ITS SHIPPING DOES NOT EXCEED $$$$$$$$10$$$$$$$$$$ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so for ak and ha residents don't buy from zzf for small orders.

Also, ZZF uses Fedex, which is way way way better than UPS!!!!

Um, NE uses FedEx too.... where have you been? I have ordered 30+ items from NE without a single problem in the shipping! Its fast and reliable. You apparently you have fewer brain cells than orders and don’t realize that:

1) NE's inventory is GIGANTIC compared to ZZF who only caries a few common items.

2) NE's website is a million times better than ZZF... so much easier to use. Its actually professional

3) Even with paying shipping, NE is often cheaper than ZZF (depending on what it is)

4) the one time I went with ZZF and not NE for price reasons they half @$$ed my packing and shipped me a hard drive in an open anti-static bag (what good does that do?) and half filled the box with Styrofoam... that’s what you get for free shipping. Needless to say, it was DEAD when I got it so it cost ME shipping + insurance to send it back and get another one. I have never ordered from ZZF since. That is just unprofessional.

All things considering… I should give you a break because I didn’t know much better when I was 16 either.

liquidpaper007

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
ive configed 2 computers one on newegg and zip zoomfly
and newegg's one was cheaper. ive bought parts of 3 computers off newegg and even with the shipping it was still cheap. zipzoomfly also has crappy pictures and junk descriptions.

BTW I live in hawaii. so i paid about $50-$70 for shipping

and zipzoomfly doesnt give free shipping on cases.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
zipzoomfly used to be Googlegear.com now i used to use it alot ... but honestly NEWEGG is a way better site to search and is more easier to find products.

But i will say this #1 the shipping on most stuff on zip zoom is good, but DEFFFFF the prices on Newegg are better, i have counted numerous items that are cheaper on newegg.

so honestly zipzoom is a great site but honestly just search your item on both sites and just see what's better for you.

Rob.

Steele

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
No-one charges TAX to ship to Alaska, but they certainly do charge more for shipping. I don't know how many times I've ordered something that claimed "Free Shipping," or "Cheap and Fast shipping," or such like, and it turns out that it gets delivered by a guy on foot and costs all kinds of money.

Steele

mpjesse

Splendid
I just bought the following crap from newegg:

Asus SLI mobo
Athlon x2 4200
2x WD Raptors
500W PSU
1.44mb floppy (came free w/ HDDs)

Shipping was $12 for 3 day select UPS. That's a good deal I think.

-mpjesse