Can't access remote network

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi

Since installing sp2, when I try to connect to a remote win2k server via vpn
from my win xp pro client, the vpn dialup gets stuck on 'verifying username
& password...' and eventually fails. Do I need to open any ports etc. on my
winxp pro client pc?

Thanks

Regards
4 answers Last reply
More about access remote network
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    check this site may it help u

    www.h2kmatrix.com
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    John <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote:

    > Since installing sp2, when I try to connect to a remote win2k server
    > via vpn from my win xp pro client, the vpn dialup gets stuck on
    > 'verifying username & password...' and eventually fails.

    Is the VPN on PPTP or L2TP/IPSec?

    --
    Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    See server.general.

    "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Since installing sp2, when I try to connect to a remote win2k server via
    vpn
    > from my win xp pro client, the vpn dialup gets stuck on 'verifying
    username
    > & password...' and eventually fails. Do I need to open any ports etc. on
    my
    > winxp pro client pc?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    PPTP

    Regards

    "Robin Walker [MVP]" <rdhw@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > John <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > Since installing sp2, when I try to connect to a remote win2k server
    > > via vpn from my win xp pro client, the vpn dialup gets stuck on
    > > 'verifying username & password...' and eventually fails.
    >
    > Is the VPN on PPTP or L2TP/IPSec?
    >
    > --
    > Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    > rdhw@cam.ac.uk