Problems with dhcp when switching networks

I have an IBM thinkpad T40 that I use to connect wirelessly to both
work and home wireless networks. At work we use LEAP authentication
while at home I have a 801.11G router with 128-bit WEP enabled.

Previously I had no trouble connecting to either one of the networks.
After the recent spate of Windows upgrades I have trouble connecting
to my home network after I have been connected at work. Everything
works fine after a reboot, meaning that I am now rebooting 5 times a
week :-( Going from home to work is not a problem.

When I come home and try connecting, my wireless is recognized but it
gets stuck at getting dhcp. If I manually do the ipconfig, I see:

>> ipconfig /renew

Windows IP Configuration

An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection
5 : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.
No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media
disconnected.

Any thoughts on what could be the problem, or how can I debug it?

- Haider

If you are using LEAP that means you are not using Window's Wireless Zero
Configuration service (WZC). If find that you need to reboot in order to
get past the IP address acquisition phase, you could try disabling and
re-enabling the wireless adapter instead (it has a similar effect). I would
also recommend that you make sure you have the latest drivers for your
wireless adapter. If you are going into standby or hibernate during your
trip from work to home, you may be experiencing a standby/resume problem
with the adapter. Such problems are usually remedied with the updating the
driver.