steam.exe (main exception): ERROR: delete of steam.exe fai..

I install the game just fine. But then when it goes to update the
game(s) it gives this error after about 26% is finished. i have no
clue what caused it or how to fix it. please let me know if anyone has
any clue what this means.
3 answers Last reply
More about steam main exception error delete steam

    Norm wrote:

    > I install the game just fine. But then when it goes to update the
    > game(s) it gives this error after about 26% is finished. i have no
    > clue what caused it or how to fix it. please let me know if anyone has
    > any clue what this means.

    Are you running Windows XP professional?
    Are you running it as a user or as an administrator?

    Styvaen.
  2. I had the same problem, what fixed it for me was the following:
    boot OS is safe mode WITH NETWORKING
    launch steam and let it update
    Restart back into normal windows mode
    Should work fine now!