steam.exe (main exception): ERROR: delete of steam.exe fai..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 6, 2004 10:51:36 PM

I install the game just fine. But then when it goes to update the
game(s) it gives this error after about 26% is finished. i have no
clue what caused it or how to fix it. please let me know if anyone has
any clue what this means.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:04:00 PM

Norm wrote:

> I install the game just fine. But then when it goes to update the
> game(s) it gives this error after about 26% is finished. i have no
> clue what caused it or how to fix it. please let me know if anyone has
> any clue what this means.

Are you running Windows XP professional?
Are you running it as a user or as an administrator?

Styvaen.
October 17, 2009 11:46:08 AM

I had the same problem, what fixed it for me was the following:
boot OS is safe mode WITH NETWORKING
launch steam and let it update
Restart back into normal windows mode
Should work fine now!