  • Remote Desktop
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
January 22, 2005 2:01:03 PM

I have 2 xp pro systems. I'm tryiing to use remote deskop to control one of
the PC's. I believe I have everthing setup correctly however on the target
machine I have to be logged on locally in order for remote deskop to
operate. If I don't sigh on locally, when I attempt to sign on via remote
desktop, I get the login screen and I enter the password, I get the
background image off the remote PC and then I get a popup that says logging
off and the connection is closed.

Anyone know how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

More about : remote desktop issue

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:23:21 PM

Bill <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have 2 xp pro systems. I'm tryiing to use remote deskop to control
> one of the PC's. I believe I have everthing setup correctly however
> on the target machine I have to be logged on locally in order for
> remote deskop to operate. If I don't sigh on locally, when I
> attempt to sign on via remote desktop, I get the login screen and I
> enter the password, I get the background image off the remote PC and
> then I get a popup that says logging off and the connection is
> closed.

On the remote RD server, update the video driver to the manufacturer's
latest version from their website.

The version of the Nvidia driver that was installed with SP2 has this
problem.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@cam.ac.uk