Remote desktop issue

I have 2 xp pro systems. I'm tryiing to use remote deskop to control one of
the PC's. I believe I have everthing setup correctly however on the target
machine I have to be logged on locally in order for remote deskop to
operate. If I don't sigh on locally, when I attempt to sign on via remote
desktop, I get the login screen and I enter the password, I get the
background image off the remote PC and then I get a popup that says logging
off and the connection is closed.

Anyone know how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop issue

    Bill <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I have 2 xp pro systems. I'm tryiing to use remote deskop to control
    > one of the PC's. I believe I have everthing setup correctly however
    > on the target machine I have to be logged on locally in order for
    > remote deskop to operate. If I don't sigh on locally, when I
    > attempt to sign on via remote desktop, I get the login screen and I
    > enter the password, I get the background image off the remote PC and
    > then I get a popup that says logging off and the connection is
    > closed.

    On the remote RD server, update the video driver to the manufacturer's
    latest version from their website.

    The version of the Nvidia driver that was installed with SP2 has this
    problem.

    --
    Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk