Remote Desktop Log On

When I use the Remote Desktop feature, it always asks if
I want to log off the other user on the destination PC.
It also gives them a popup asking if they want to allow
me to log them off. How can I change it so that they are
just logged off automatically without having to click
on "Yes" when asked? Thank you again!
B.T.

Bill Thorngate wrote:
> When I use the Remote Desktop feature, it always asks if
> I want to log off the other user on the destination PC.
> It also gives them a popup asking if they want to allow
> me to log them off. How can I change it so that they are
> just logged off automatically without having to click
> on "Yes" when asked? Thank you again!
> B.T.

I don't know that you can do this. If you want to log them off, just log
them off when you try to log in and are prompted. And if nobody is supposed
to be logging into the computer when you are supposed to be connecting
remotely, well, ask them not to, and put a big note on the monitor. :)

Yeah, sometimes when a user is logged on but are away, I
have to telnet into the machine and log them off before I
can Remote Desktop into it. Thanks.

>I don't know that you can do this. If you want to log
them off, just log
>them off when you try to log in and are prompted. And if
nobody is supposed
>to be logging into the computer when you are supposed to
be connecting
>remotely, well, ask them not to, and put a big note on
the monitor. :)

Here is the definitive KB article that describes how this works...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Bill Thorngate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I use the Remote Desktop feature, it always asks if
> I want to log off the other user on the destination PC.
> It also gives them a popup asking if they want to allow
> me to log them off. How can I change it so that they are
> just logged off automatically without having to click
> on "Yes" when asked? Thank you again!
> B.T.

Thanl you both, I can see the light now.
Bill

group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
>The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
confers no rights...

Bill Thorngate wrote:
> Yeah, sometimes when a user is logged on but are away, I
> have to telnet into the machine and log them off before I
> can Remote Desktop into it. Thanks.

You shouldn't have to do anything other than log in, and log them out when
prompted, and then log in again as yourself. If your account has admin
rights, you shouldn't have any problems doing this.

>> I don't know that you can do this. If you want to log them off,
>> just log them off when you try to log in and are prompted. And if
>> nobody is supposed to be logging into the computer when you are
>> supposed to be connecting remotely, well, ask them not to, and put a
>> big note on the monitor. :)

TRENDING THREADS