How do I make GP for machine exception of XP-SP2 firewall?

January 22, 2005 8:15:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I AM TRYING TO CROSS-POST NOT MULTI-POST. I'M SORRY IF I MESSED UP. Don't
flame me, just let me know. I am trying.
--------------------------
I have a laptop and a work-station that are part of a SBS domain and they
both have XP-SP2 loaded.

I want to have the MS firewall running on all of the machines except these
two as they both have third-party firewalls loaded. I don't want to remove
the existing firewall and I don't want to install the MS firewall on these
two machines only.

Is there a way to set exceptions (for the MS firewall) with group policy's
but only for these two machines?

I'm not very familiar with GP's.

Thanx, Dave.
January 22, 2005 10:09:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.server.general (More info?)

Here is what I would do. I would create a seperate container in Active
Directory and move the two machine in question into it. I would then create
a seperate group policy to be applied to those two machines that disable the
Microsoft firewall.

!