Is there a way to make the toggle mouse step left-right in..

May 29, 2004 9:20:02 AM

When ever I'm in pocket explorer I'd like to make the toggle mouse step left-right in smaller steps, like it does in the when I use the left-right scroll bar. Its always seems to move a half a page. (at least when the browser is set to "fit to page") If I'm making any sense and you have a solution please let me know.
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 2:54:55 PM

Three different left/right stylus scroll options plus the left/right on
the cursor pad.

Tap the arrows for short jumps, tap the space between the arrows and the
bar for screen jumps and tap/hold/drag the bar for fine or fast
movements... the cursor pad is the equivalent of the arrows for
left/right, full screen for up/down.

The "half page" is not something that I have experienced, normally about
a quarter inch on the screen.

Make sure the screen is aligned to your hand and be precise where you
touch as a small miss such as hitting the bottom of the screen has a
different result.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 10:36:11 AM

Let me try to explain a bit more. I'm using a ipaq 5550 with a "toggle-switch" on the front. I guess what I was looking for was some sort of setting or hack that would allow me to scroll in small step (like the left-right arrows on the scroll bar) only using the toggle switch on the front of the unit. I believe it is currently set to scroll in page size steps, what I was looking for was a way to make that cursor step in the same small steps as the arrows on the scroll bar.

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pocketpc/<OANJRVZREHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>

Three different left/right stylus scroll options plus the left/right on
the cursor pad.

Tap the arrows for short jumps, tap the space between the arrows and the
bar for screen jumps and tap/hold/drag the bar for fine or fast
movements... the cursor pad is the equivalent of the arrows for
left/right, full screen for up/down.

The "half page" is not something that I have experienced, normally about
a quarter inch on the screen.

Make sure the screen is aligned to your hand and be precise where you
touch as a small miss such as hitting the bottom of the screen has a
different result.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

[microsoft.public.pocketpc]
!