offline files without my documents ???

Hi!

I redirected the "My Documents" folder on a WINXP Pro SP2 machine
to a network drive. furthermore I wanted to enable a folder on the
network
share to be availabele offline. I followed the steps described in MS
KB
307853, but when I enabled it, the "My Documents" folder automatically
became
usable offline too! I dont want this, I just want this single folder
(not belonging) to "My Documents" to be available offline. it is not
possible to disable this behaviouir for the My Documents folder, the
flag is grayed.

any hints on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated,
thanx in advance!

best regards,
Hans
2 answers Last reply
More about offline files documents

    Hi Hans

    I came across this problem because it also makes offline
    the whole of My Documents including all the sub
    directories like "My Pictures" and "My Music" even if you
    don't want these offline. The "Make Avaliable Offline"
    is Greyed out and cannot be changed.

    Solution:
    start/run/gpedit.msc
    From here go to the
    user config/admin templates/network/offline files
    sub key
    Then change "do not make redirected folders offline
    automatically" to enabled

    This will stop the "My Documents" from being
    automatically made offline. If you want to make portions
    of the "My Documents" off line you then can do so
    manually without including all of it.

    Note this can be overridden by domain group policy...
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Network MVP)

    Remote Networking Technology FAQ -
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    My Networking Blog: http://www.networkblog.net
    MS Network Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    MS Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:01:20 -0800,

    >Hi Hans
    >
    >I came across this problem because it also makes offline
    >the whole of My Documents including all the sub
    >directories like "My Pictures" and "My Music" even if you
    >don't want these offline. The "Make Avaliable Offline"
    >is Greyed out and cannot be changed.
    >
    >Solution:
    >start/run/gpedit.msc
    >From here go to the
    >user config/admin templates/network/offline files
    >sub key
    >Then change "do not make redirected folders offline
    >automatically" to enabled
    >
    >This will stop the "My Documents" from being
    >automatically made offline. If you want to make portions
    >of the "My Documents" off line you then can do so
    >manually without including all of it.

My Documents Microsoft Network Drive Windows XP