Video player with alpha blending?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a video player that supports alpha blending? I
like to watch mpegs while surfing the web, but I seem to loose a huge
amount of screen space that I could regain if I could run the web page
blended under the video. Having the webpage totally blocked out seems
very distracting (I am always having to move the video window because
something I want to read is always under the window!)

I realise I would probably have to run in preview mode instead of
overlay, but the loss of fps would be acceptable.

I have seem this done on Linux with directfb, but it doesn't sound
simple to set up. Therefore, I am looking for a solution in either
windows (preferred) or a more standard linux distribution.

Thanks,

Jojax14
2 answers Last reply
More about video player alpha blending

    There are screenshots here:
    http://www.directfb.org/index.php?path=Main/Screenshots&page=1

    jojax14

    On a sunny day (16 Feb 2005 19:30:51 -0800) it happened jojax14@yahoo.com.au
    (jojax14) wrote in <4c3621f0.0502161930.27e2c5fa@posting.google.com>:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Does anyone know of a video player that supports alpha blending? I
    >like to watch mpegs while surfing the web, but I seem to loose a huge
    >amount of screen space that I could regain if I could run the web page
    >blended under the video. Having the webpage totally blocked out seems
    >very distracting (I am always having to move the video window because
    >something I want to read is always under the window!)
    >
    >I realise I would probably have to run in preview mode instead of
    >overlay, but the loss of fps would be acceptable.
    >
    >I have seem this done on Linux with directfb, but it doesn't sound
    >simple to set up.
    Hey, cool, did not know about directfb, maybe if you very kindly ask the
    mplayer developers they could add it to mplayer?

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics