Video player with alpha blending?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a video player that supports alpha blending? I
like to watch mpegs while surfing the web, but I seem to loose a huge
amount of screen space that I could regain if I could run the web page
blended under the video. Having the webpage totally blocked out seems
very distracting (I am always having to move the video window because
something I want to read is always under the window!)

I realise I would probably have to run in preview mode instead of
overlay, but the loss of fps would be acceptable.

I have seem this done on Linux with directfb, but it doesn't sound
simple to set up. Therefore, I am looking for a solution in either
windows (preferred) or a more standard linux distribution.

Thanks,

Jojax14

On a sunny day (16 Feb 2005 19:30:51 -0800) it happened jojax14@yahoo.com.au
(jojax14) wrote in <4c3621f0.0502161930.27e2c5fa@posting.google.com>:

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know of a video player that supports alpha blending? I
>like to watch mpegs while surfing the web, but I seem to loose a huge
>amount of screen space that I could regain if I could run the web page
>blended under the video. Having the webpage totally blocked out seems
>very distracting (I am always having to move the video window because
>something I want to read is always under the window!)
>
>I realise I would probably have to run in preview mode instead of
>overlay, but the loss of fps would be acceptable.
>
>I have seem this done on Linux with directfb, but it doesn't sound
>simple to set up.
Hey, cool, did not know about directfb, maybe if you very kindly ask the
mplayer developers they could add it to mplayer?