How to extract audio and video frame from video files

Hi,

I'd like to extract audio data and video frames from video files on
Linux. Where should I start? I prefer the video file is in a free format.

Regards,
Derek
2 answers Last reply
More about extract audio video frame video files

    On a sunny day (18 Feb 2005 09:44:09 -0800) it happened
    derekli.london@gmail.com (Derek Li) wrote in
    <aa9ec083.0502180944.41e282d6@posting.google.com>:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'd like to extract audio data and video frames from video files on
    >Linux. Where should I start? I prefer the video file is in a free format.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Derek
    What is you input format?

    I don't know which format is good yet. As I said, hope the audio-video
    file's format is not patented.

Tuner Cards Video Audio Graphics