BNC'c on back of old LaCie Electron19Blue

I have an old LaCie Electron19Blue monitor and some questions.

I have been using the VGA connection.

It also has 5 BNC connections marked R, G, B, Comp.HD and VD.

What does Comp. Hd and VD stand for?

Can I use the RGB's alone?

Do I need to use all 5 at once to get a picture?

Anything please.

"Thomas Ignatius" <chukthunder@mac.com> wrote in message news:180220052104455346%chukthunder@mac.com...

> I have an old LaCie Electron19Blue monitor and some questions.
>
> I have been using the VGA connection.
>
> It also has 5 BNC connections marked R, G, B, Comp.HD and VD.
>
> What does Comp. Hd and VD stand for?
>
> Can I use the RGB's alone?
>
> Do I need to use all 5 at once to get a picture?
>
> Anything please.

Those last two are horizontal and vertical sync.

LaCie's ElectronBlue monitors are rebadged Mitsubishis. A manual
for your 19" (including info on those BNC connections and cables)
can be downloaded from:
http://www.necmitsubishi.com/corpus/H/O/DPro91TXM_manual.pdf

BNC cables generally provide better, higher contrast image quality,
although much also depends on the signal quality of your video
controller. And if you're running a Plug 'n Play operating system
such as Windows, it will no longer be able to autodetect your
monitor if you switch to a BNC cable. It's usually not a big deal.

"Moistened Bink" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "Thomas Ignatius" <chukthunder@mac.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I have an old LaCie Electron19Blue monitor and some questions.
> >
> > I have been using the VGA connection.
> >
> > It also has 5 BNC connections marked R, G, B, Comp.HD and VD.
> >
> > What does Comp. Hd and VD stand for?
> >
> > Can I use the RGB's alone?
> >
> > Do I need to use all 5 at once to get a picture?
> >
> > Anything please.
>
> Those last two are horizontal and vertical sync.
>
> LaCie's ElectronBlue monitors are rebadged Mitsubishis. A manual
> for your 19" (including info on those BNC connections and cables)
> can be downloaded from:
> http://www.necmitsubishi.com/corpus/H/O/DPro91TXM_manual.pdf
>
> BNC cables generally provide better, higher contrast image quality,
> although much also depends on the signal quality of your video
> controller. And if you're running a Plug 'n Play operating system
> such as Windows, it will no longer be able to autodetect your
> monitor if you switch to a BNC cable. It's usually not a big deal.

Also, if you use the BNC's, your video card may not be
able to power off the monitor according to your Power Save
settings.

And you're only four years late, great job.