Run CS 1.6 in a window

* Alex <blaghlakj@goaway.org> [alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:
> Anyone know of a way to run counter-strike 1.6 in a small/adjustable sized
> window - - ??
> thanks.

I have played cs1.5 in a window using wine/winex on a linux machine.
couldn't get 1.6 to work as easy, and haven't yet perservered to get it
working.
you can change the window size in the wine.cfg file and i know that worked
coz i did it, but i think you mean resizing by dragging the bottom corner
on the fly? never tried that.
i also assume you are talking about ms windows however, and that i can't
help you with. sorry.
not exactly sure why you would want to reduce your gaming experience so?
unless you had to keep an eye on something else at the same time. like
work ;-)
--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : troy@piggo.com

alex

Yeah, this is win xp...I guess I wanted it mainly so that I could switch
between some IM stuff quickly and some other progs well Alt+Tab Works fine.

Alex wrote:
> Yeah, this is win xp...I guess I wanted it mainly so that I could switch
> between some IM stuff quickly and some other progs well Alt+Tab Works fine.
>
> "Troy Piggins" <troy@piggo.com> wrote in message
>
>>* Alex <blaghlakj@goaway.org> [alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:
>>
>>>Anyone know of a way to run counter-strike 1.6 in a small/adjustable
>
> sized
>
>>>window - - ??
>>>thanks.
>>
>>I have played cs1.5 in a window using wine/winex on a linux machine.
>>couldn't get 1.6 to work as easy, and haven't yet perservered to get it
>>working.
>>you can change the window size in the wine.cfg file and i know that worked
>> coz i did it, but i think you mean resizing by dragging the bottom corner
>> on the fly? never tried that.
>>i also assume you are talking about ms windows however, and that i can't
>>help you with. sorry.
>>not exactly sure why you would want to reduce your gaming experience so?
>>unless you had to keep an eye on something else at the same time. like
>>work ;-)
>>--
>>T R O Y P I G G I N S
>>e : troy@piggo.com

In video options, check Run in a window. :p

darktrace

in the shortcut for cs 1.6 put "-window" without quotes at the end of the shortcuts parth after the other arguments