Scan with camera

What would be the minimum specs for a camera to photograph
documents & pages to be uploadedto a computer?Could
a cheapie 3mp do this ok?
Laurence
2 answers Last reply
More about scan camera

    Laurence wrote:
    > What would be the minimum specs for a camera to photograph
    > documents & pages to be uploadedto a computer?Could
    > a cheapie 3mp do this ok?
    > Laurence

    How big are the pages? How big is the type? Do you just wantt ot read what is on the
    page, or do OCR.

    The OCR program I use wants pages to be scanned at 300 ppi. For an 8X10" page, that is 7
    Mp. To just read the type, 150 ppi is probably enough, or 2 Mp.

    "Laurence" <erambam@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > What would be the minimum specs for a camera to photograph
    > documents & pages to be uploadedto a computer?Could
    > a cheapie 3mp do this ok?
    > Laurence

    If all you want to do is read the document on the screen, 3 MP is a big
    plenty.
    For viewing on the computer only, it is maybe too much.

    If you want make a editable document on the computer, it is not enough.
    OCR programs need 300 DPI to convert the text.

    For a 8.5 X 11 inch document that is 2550 x 3300 Pixels. Which is 8.415
    MegaPixels.

    A cheap flatbed scanner is best for A4 or Letter Size documents.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Cameras Computer Peripherals