Setting up wireless network

alex

So, i am trying to set up a wireless network at home. I have a desktop
running windows xp home edition, connected directly to my wireless router.
My laptop is also running xp home editiion, and is connected to the router
through a pc/mcia card. They are both connected to the internet, and i am
able to surf through both of them, but they do not communicate with one
antother. I have tried everything that i can think of, but nothing seems to
work, does anyone have any ideas?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Sharing Hi

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So, i am trying to set up a wireless network at home. I have a desktop
> running windows xp home edition, connected directly to my wireless router.
> My laptop is also running xp home editiion, and is connected to the router
> through a pc/mcia card. They are both connected to the internet, and i am
> able to surf through both of them, but they do not communicate with one
> antother. I have tried everything that i can think of, but nothing seems
> work, does anyone have any ideas?

Chack your Workgroup Setting to make sure they are the
same. Then use the users and groups in Windows to setup
security.