Setting up wireless network

So, i am trying to set up a wireless network at home. I have a desktop
running windows xp home edition, connected directly to my wireless router.
My laptop is also running xp home editiion, and is connected to the router
through a pc/mcia card. They are both connected to the internet, and i am
able to surf through both of them, but they do not communicate with one
antother. I have tried everything that i can think of, but nothing seems to
work, does anyone have any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about setting wireless network

    Sharing Hi

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > So, i am trying to set up a wireless network at home. I have a desktop
    > running windows xp home edition, connected directly to my wireless router.
    > My laptop is also running xp home editiion, and is connected to the router
    > through a pc/mcia card. They are both connected to the internet, and i am
    > able to surf through both of them, but they do not communicate with one
    > antother. I have tried everything that i can think of, but nothing seems
    > work, does anyone have any ideas?

    Chack your Workgroup Setting to make sure they are the
    same. Then use the users and groups in Windows to setup
    security.

Wireless Network Windows XP Wireless Networking