hours and hours

I'm converting 100+ hours of old camcorder tapes to DV. Each DV tape is
an hour. For every hour I make one index mpeg4 file (about 150mb). I can
check the index file to find out what's on any tape, but even then, with
100+ hours, it's a lot to keep track of. I use a program called iView
Media Pro to catalog digital pictures, and it has some video capability,
but I'm wondering what else might be out there. Particularly, when I go
back to make a new mix, is there a program or filing system that would
make recalling a particular moment simple and fast? Or, in other words,
how do you keep track of your stuff?

"Mister Mister" wrote ...
> I'm converting 100+ hours of old camcorder tapes to DV. Each DV tape
> is an hour. For every hour I make one index mpeg4 file (about 150mb).
> I can check the index file to find out what's on any tape, but even
> then, with 100+ hours, it's a lot to keep track of. I use a program
> called iView Media Pro to catalog digital pictures, and it has some
> video capability, but I'm wondering what else might be out there.
> Particularly, when I go back to make a new mix, is there a program or
> filing system that would make recalling a particular moment simple and
> fast? Or, in other words, how do you keep track of your stuff?

Check out www.scenalyzer.com

In article <LkzRd.46727$i42.39416@fe1.columbus.rr.com>, user@example.com
says...
> I'm converting 100+ hours of old camcorder tapes to DV. Each DV tape is
> an hour. For every hour I make one index mpeg4 file (about 150mb). I can
> check the index file to find out what's on any tape, but even then, with
> 100+ hours, it's a lot to keep track of. I use a program called iView
> Media Pro to catalog digital pictures, and it has some video capability,
> but I'm wondering what else might be out there. Particularly, when I go
> back to make a new mix, is there a program or filing system that would
> make recalling a particular moment simple and fast? Or, in other words,
> how do you keep track of your stuff?

Are these movies going on DVD? You could just author DVDs with a menu
that uses animated icons that play the first 25 seconds of the video.
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com