Canopus ADVC300

Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?

rtr
4 answers Last reply
More about canopus advc300

    rtr wrote:

    > Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?
    >
    > rtr

    Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
    shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the best
    digital input you can get for certain circumstances.

    A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.

    -Richard

    Richard Ragon wrote:
    > rtr wrote:
    >
    >> Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?
    >>
    >> rtr
    >>

    > Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
    > shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the
    > best digital input you can get for certain circumstances.
    >
    > A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.
    >
    > -Richard

    Thanks

    rtr

    In article <u7RRd.19090$xX3.1170@twister.socal.rr.com>,
    "rtr" <rreeds@(RemoveMe)san.rr.com> writes:
    > Richard Ragon wrote:
    >> rtr wrote:
    >>
    >>> Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?
    >>>
    >>> rtr
    >>>

    >> Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
    >> shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the
    >> best digital input you can get for certain circumstances.
    >>
    >> A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.
    >>
    >> -Richard
    >
    > Thanks

    I know that you already got your answer, but I also would like
    to chime in and suggest that the 300 does a fantastic job while
    encoding good quality video also. My opinion is that it gives
    significantly better quality than the encoder on my DHR1000,
    even on pristine material.

    Frankly, it seems to give enough additional quality (fewer encoding
    artifacts) that it might mitigate 1/2 of the quality difference between
    DV25 and DV50!!!

    Damned good device.

    John

    John S. Dyson wrote:
    > In article <u7RRd.19090$xX3.1170@twister.socal.rr.com>,
    > "rtr" <rreeds@(RemoveMe)san.rr.com> writes:
    >> Richard Ragon wrote:

    >>> Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
    >>> shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the
    >>> best digital input you can get for certain circumstances.
    >>>
    >>> A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.
    >>>
    >>> -Richard
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    > I know that you already got your answer, but I also would like
    > to chime in and suggest that the 300 does a fantastic job while
    > encoding good quality video also. My opinion is that it gives
    > significantly better quality than the encoder on my DHR1000,
    > even on pristine material.
    >
    > Frankly, it seems to give enough additional quality (fewer encoding
    > artifacts) that it might mitigate 1/2 of the quality difference
    > between DV25 and DV50!!!
    >
    > Damned good device.
    >
    > John

    Thanks, I'm looking for all of the advice I can get. Did a search on this
    group in google and garnished still more good info on this device. Guess
    I'll take the plunge but don't let this discourage any one from adding to
    the information. I makes me feel better about spending that much money.

    rtr

Tuner Cards Canopus Desktops Video Graphics