Canopus ADVC300

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 20, 2005 12:29:20 AM

Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?

rtr

More about : canopus advc300

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:21:57 AM

rtr wrote:

> Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?
>
> rtr

Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the best
digital input you can get for certain circumstances.

A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.

-Richard
February 20, 2005 3:48:26 AM

Richard Ragon wrote:
> rtr wrote:
>
>> Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?
>>
>> rtr
>>

> Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
> shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the
> best digital input you can get for certain circumstances.
>
> A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.
>
> -Richard

Thanks

rtr
February 20, 2005 7:33:09 AM

In article <u7RRd.19090$xX3.1170@twister.socal.rr.com>,
"rtr" <rreeds@(RemoveMe)san.rr.com> writes:
> Richard Ragon wrote:
>> rtr wrote:
>>
>>> Am considering getting one. Are they worth the price?
>>>
>>> rtr
>>>

>> Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
>> shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the
>> best digital input you can get for certain circumstances.
>>
>> A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.
>>
>> -Richard
>
> Thanks

I know that you already got your answer, but I also would like
to chime in and suggest that the 300 does a fantastic job while
encoding good quality video also. My opinion is that it gives
significantly better quality than the encoder on my DHR1000,
even on pristine material.

Frankly, it seems to give enough additional quality (fewer encoding
artifacts) that it might mitigate 1/2 of the quality difference between
DV25 and DV50!!!

Damned good device.

John
February 20, 2005 6:33:14 PM

John S. Dyson wrote:
> In article <u7RRd.19090$xX3.1170@twister.socal.rr.com>,
> "rtr" <rreeds@(RemoveMe)san.rr.com> writes:
>> Richard Ragon wrote:

>>> Worth it too me. I sometimes get client videos that are in very bad
>>> shape. This particular device cleans up the image and gives me the
>>> best digital input you can get for certain circumstances.
>>>
>>> A little pricey yes.. but I would buy again.
>>>
>>> -Richard
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> I know that you already got your answer, but I also would like
> to chime in and suggest that the 300 does a fantastic job while
> encoding good quality video also. My opinion is that it gives
> significantly better quality than the encoder on my DHR1000,
> even on pristine material.
>
> Frankly, it seems to give enough additional quality (fewer encoding
> artifacts) that it might mitigate 1/2 of the quality difference
> between DV25 and DV50!!!
>
> Damned good device.
>
> John

Thanks, I'm looking for all of the advice I can get. Did a search on this
group in google and garnished still more good info on this device. Guess
I'll take the plunge but don't let this discourage any one from adding to
the information. I makes me feel better about spending that much money.

rtr
!