trying to connect to rdp over vpn

hi folks
i have been searching so apologies
i have setup vpn and windows terminal server on W2k servers
this works perfectly from home.
i dialup to the vpn get connected and can then connect to any of my 3
terminal servers.
i now want to connect to my office pc which is xp pro but can never connect
or get to logon screen. i have xp firewall on with port open for remote
desktop.
i can connect in my office to my machine from any other so my machine is ok.
the vpn seems ok as i can connect to the servers.
i set my machine up as a fixed ip but no joy

i can't ping my machine from home but i can ping the servers.
i am using a cisco pix firewall with NAT
but don't understand
i have used the port query tool from microsoft
my servers are not filtered but my machine is.

me thinks this is the problem but i don't understand how i can connect to
the servers and not my machine

also it works when i connect to my machine using dialup and 56k modem
but not broadband which i am using now

tx all
stephen
2 answers Last reply
More about trying connect

    stephen

    Have you found a solution to your problem?

    --
    AirborneFool

    yes tx

    put my router on a different address and mask to my office network
    works a treat

    "AirborneFool" wrote:

    > stephen
    >
    > Have you found a solution to your problem?
    >

    > --
    > AirborneFool

Connection vpn Servers Windows XP