remote administration on xp home

how do i set up a windows xp home as a host for remote administration
of that same pc. How do i start the session? i cna only find info on xp pro
being a host?
2 answers Last reply
More about remote administration home

    That's because it does not exist in XP Home. One way that MS gently nudges
    you toward Pro.

    My suggestion - use VNC or PCAnywhere.

    - Eric

    mike wrote:
    > how do i set up a windows xp home as a host for remote administration
    > of that same pc. How do i start the session? i cna only find info on
    > xp pro being a host?

    Windows XP Home Edition can only use the client of Remote Desktop. It
    cannot be a host for the remote desktop that comes with Windows XP
    Professional.

    UltraVNC is likely your best FREE option.

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Microsoft Windows XP