There is a product called Sima CT-1 that says it lets you copy VHS to DVD.
Can't I just connect my VCR OUT to my DVD Recorder IN?

Why would I need the Sima product?

--
C and A Bredt

In article <iN4Sd.19296$xX3.17228@twister.socal.rr.com>,
Carol and Allen Bredt <abredt22@Xsocal.rr.com> wrote:
>There is a product called Sima CT-1 that says it lets you copy VHS to DVD.
>Can't I just connect my VCR OUT to my DVD Recorder IN?

If it's a home-recorded VHS tape, or a commercial tape that is not
copy-protected, you CAN do exactly that.

>Why would I need the Sima product?

To copy commercial tapes encoded with Macrovision analog copy protection.

"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

> In article <iN4Sd.19296$xX3.17228@twister.socal.rr.com>,
> Carol and Allen Bredt <abredt22@Xsocal.rr.com> wrote:
>>There is a product called Sima CT-1 that says it lets you copy VHS to DVD.
>>Can't I just connect my VCR OUT to my DVD Recorder IN?
>
> If it's a home-recorded VHS tape, or a commercial tape that is not
> copy-protected, you CAN do exactly that.
>
>>Why would I need the Sima product?
>
> To copy commercial tapes encoded with Macrovision analog copy protection.

And for VHS or DVD to DVD recorder you would instead need Sima CT-2 (GoDVD).