Can I set-up a server?

Please point me to info to set-up a server for a few friends. I have an
unused ADSL and an unused 2.5 athalon box with 1gb memory. Can I do this?

--
<<< I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find
any.

2 answers Last reply
More about server

    "Tom Gardner" <tom(nospam)@ohiobrush.com> wrote in message
    > Please point me to info to set-up a server for a few friends. I
    have an
    > unused ADSL and an unused 2.5 athalon box with 1gb memory. Can I do
    this?

    http://server.counter-strike.net/

    If your ADSL is only 256k upload, don't expect to be able to connect
    too many friends though

    256 k upload should be ok for around 8 players, as long as the server is
    rate-limited to 15000 or so..

    http://www.stressed-out.org
    cs main 82.138.242.171:27015 ff=on, awp=off
    cs custom maps 82.138.242.171:27045
    cs:cz 82.138.242.171:27035

    "I like toys and cake" <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote in message

    > "Tom Gardner" <tom(nospam)@ohiobrush.com> wrote in message
    > > Please point me to info to set-up a server for a few friends. I
    > have an
    > > unused ADSL and an unused 2.5 athalon box with 1gb memory. Can I do
    > this?
    > >

    > http://server.counter-strike.net/
    >
    > If your ADSL is only 256k upload, don't expect to be able to connect
    > too many friends though

Servers Games Memory Video Games