Can I set-up a server?

Please point me to info to set-up a server for a few friends. I have an
unused ADSL and an unused 2.5 athalon box with 1gb memory. Can I do this?

--
<<< I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find
any.

"Tom Gardner" <tom(nospam)@ohiobrush.com> wrote in message
> Please point me to info to set-up a server for a few friends. I
have an
> unused ADSL and an unused 2.5 athalon box with 1gb memory. Can I do
this?

http://server.counter-strike.net/

If your ADSL is only 256k upload, don't expect to be able to connect
too many friends though

256 k upload should be ok for around 8 players, as long as the server is
rate-limited to 15000 or so..

http://www.stressed-out.org
cs main 82.138.242.171:27015 ff=on, awp=off
cs custom maps 82.138.242.171:27045
cs:cz 82.138.242.171:27035