Remote Desktop Web Connection (connect button)

January 28, 2005 10:07:01 PM

Can anyone tell me why when using the web connection of remote desktop, that
the connect button doesn't let you click on it? I tried it from 2 computers
and it seems to be dimmed out or just doesn't allow me to click on it after i
put in the server name.
January 29, 2005 10:59:02 PM

I would guess that you do not have remote desktop enabled on your computer
goto Help and Support then Working Remotely then Remote Desktop (on the left
pane) you will find all the info you need to set this up there.

"WiZEGUY" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why when using the web connection of remote desktop, that
> the connect button doesn't let you click on it? I tried it from 2 computers
> and it seems to be dimmed out or just doesn't allow me to click on it after i
> put in the server name.
January 29, 2005 11:03:01 PM

My guess is remote desktop is not enabled goto help and support/working
remotely/remote desktop it has all the info you need to set this up.

"WiZEGUY" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why when using the web connection of remote desktop, that
> the connect button doesn't let you click on it? I tried it from 2 computers
> and it seems to be dimmed out or just doesn't allow me to click on it after i
> put in the server name.
Related resources
January 30, 2005 11:15:45 AM

If the Connect button is not functional, and your browser does not
automatically install the required ActiveX control, the control may be
downloaded from here.

"WiZEGUY" <WiZEGUY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me why when using the web connection of remote desktop,
> that
> the connect button doesn't let you click on it? I tried it from 2
> computers
> and it seems to be dimmed out or just doesn't allow me to click on it
> after i
> put in the server name.
January 30, 2005 11:23:28 PM

Sorry 'bout that! The link didn't come through. Here it is.

!