Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start

Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on and stays
with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive Tried Safe mode same
problem. I done a system restore and same problem. I tried putting the drive
in another computer, im able to see my windows files and access them. but it
wont boot alone in my computer. I do have some error codes from the hard
drive read errors and verify errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or
media is write protected. Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out
the bad sectors. Please advise. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home hangs start

    Just curious, when you had this drive in the other machine did you run a
    virus scan on it? It sounds to me like you need to get as much data off the
    drive as you can and start from scratch with a new drive or try to reformat
    and install windows from scratch. Sorry I can't be more help.

    "Carl" wrote:

    > Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
    > Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on and stays
    > with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive Tried Safe mode same
    > problem. I done a system restore and same problem. I tried putting the drive
    > in another computer, im able to see my windows files and access them. but it
    > wont boot alone in my computer. I do have some error codes from the hard
    > drive read errors and verify errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or
    > media is write protected. Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out
    > the bad sectors. Please advise. Thanks

Windows XP