Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start

January 29, 2005 10:47:42 PM

Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
Windows appears to crash just before the welcome screen comes on and stays
with a black screen with the mouse pointer showing. Ive Tried Safe mode same
problem. I done a system restore and same problem. I tried putting the drive
in another computer, im able to see my windows files and access them. but it
wont boot alone in my computer. I do have some error codes from the hard
drive read errors and verify errors 00F0:0244 uncorrectable data error or
media is write protected. Im trying to salvage the drive or atleast map out
the bad sectors. Please advise. Thanks
January 30, 2005 12:57:02 AM

Just curious, when you had this drive in the other machine did you run a
virus scan on it? It sounds to me like you need to get as much data off the
drive as you can and start from scratch with a new drive or try to reformat
and install windows from scratch. Sorry I can't be more help.

!