Remote Desktop - remote viewing a sesion

When using remote desktop, is it possible for someone at the remote end to
see my sesion and view what I am doing. This would be very helpful when I am
trying to show someone at the other end how to do something. Currently my
sesions logout the remote user and they can't see what I am doing....anybody?

Is this something that I can configure?

parker

You should use the remote assistance feature to do this instead of remote
desktop it works great. To get to remote assistance goto help and support
then under ask a friend for help you will find Invite a Friend to help with
remote assistance. Note this must be done on the remote or person who needs
help computer and you must have e-mail on both computers because what the
system does is send an email with a link which will connect you to the remote
computer automatically. I don't know if you have to do anything different
with a router (ie forwarding ports ect) than what you do with remote desktop
so this could be an issue.

Hope this helps

Parker

"Rick_diculous" wrote:

> When using remote desktop, is it possible for someone at the remote end to
> see my sesion and view what I am doing. This would be very helpful when I am
> trying to show someone at the other end how to do something. Currently my
> sesions logout the remote user and they can't see what I am doing....anybody?
>
> Is this something that I can configure?

Thanks, I'll try that, and yes, we are both behind a router which I had to
forward ports 3389 to run the remote desktop application. The other computer
also has Norton internet security running so I may have to configure it too.

"Parker" wrote:

> You should use the remote assistance feature to do this instead of remote
> desktop it works great. To get to remote assistance goto help and support
> then under ask a friend for help you will find Invite a Friend to help with
> remote assistance. Note this must be done on the remote or person who needs
> help computer and you must have e-mail on both computers because what the
> system does is send an email with a link which will connect you to the remote
> computer automatically. I don't know if you have to do anything different
> with a router (ie forwarding ports ect) than what you do with remote desktop
> so this could be an issue.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Parker
>
> "Rick_diculous" wrote:
>
> > When using remote desktop, is it possible for someone at the remote end to
> > see my sesion and view what I am doing. This would be very helpful when I am
> > trying to show someone at the other end how to do something. Currently my
> > sesions logout the remote user and they can't see what I am doing....anybody?
> >
> > Is this something that I can configure?

parker

good luck with Norton! I have a question I would like to post but when I
click the new button all I get is a beep and a little red circle with a line
through it. Anybody?