Remote Desktop - remote viewing a sesion

January 29, 2005 6:21:02 PM

When using remote desktop, is it possible for someone at the remote end to
see my sesion and view what I am doing. This would be very helpful when I am
trying to show someone at the other end how to do something. Currently my
sesions logout the remote user and they can't see what I am doing....anybody?

Is this something that I can configure?
January 29, 2005 10:53:02 PM

You should use the remote assistance feature to do this instead of remote
desktop it works great. To get to remote assistance goto help and support
then under ask a friend for help you will find Invite a Friend to help with
remote assistance. Note this must be done on the remote or person who needs
help computer and you must have e-mail on both computers because what the
system does is send an email with a link which will connect you to the remote
computer automatically. I don't know if you have to do anything different
with a router (ie forwarding ports ect) than what you do with remote desktop
so this could be an issue.

Hope this helps

Parker

"Rick_diculous" wrote:

> When using remote desktop, is it possible for someone at the remote end to
> see my sesion and view what I am doing. This would be very helpful when I am
> trying to show someone at the other end how to do something. Currently my
> sesions logout the remote user and they can't see what I am doing....anybody?
>
> Is this something that I can configure?
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:53:02 PM

Thanks, I'll try that, and yes, we are both behind a router which I had to
forward ports 3389 to run the remote desktop application. The other computer
also has Norton internet security running so I may have to configure it too.

"Parker" wrote:

> You should use the remote assistance feature to do this instead of remote
> desktop it works great. To get to remote assistance goto help and support
> then under ask a friend for help you will find Invite a Friend to help with
> remote assistance. Note this must be done on the remote or person who needs
> help computer and you must have e-mail on both computers because what the
> system does is send an email with a link which will connect you to the remote
> computer automatically. I don't know if you have to do anything different
> with a router (ie forwarding ports ect) than what you do with remote desktop
> so this could be an issue.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Parker
>
> "Rick_diculous" wrote:
>
> > When using remote desktop, is it possible for someone at the remote end to
> > see my sesion and view what I am doing. This would be very helpful when I am
> > trying to show someone at the other end how to do something. Currently my
> > sesions logout the remote user and they can't see what I am doing....anybody?
> >
> > Is this something that I can configure?
January 30, 2005 12:33:02 AM

good luck with Norton! I have a question I would like to post but when I
click the new button all I get is a beep and a little red circle with a line
through it. Anybody?

!