Offer Remote Assistance

I have been trying to get "Offer Remote Assistance" in a
domain environment to function. I have enabled the group
policy "Offer Remote Assistance" and given the "Domain
Admins" the right to control and view users system. I
then started the "Remote Desktop Help Session Manager" on
the local system and checked the Remote assistance setting
on the local station under Remote tab. I go to tools then
to "Offer Remote Assistance" and choose the system by name
which it finds, it then tells me who is logged in and asks
me if I want to assist this person which I do, I hit the
button and it says "A program could not start. Please try
again". The problem here is that I am not sure what
program wont start and it does not give any indication on
to resolve this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin
3 answers Last reply
More about offer remote assistance

    Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I go to tools then
    > to "Offer Remote Assistance" and choose the system by name
    > which it finds, it then tells me who is logged in and asks
    > me if I want to assist this person which I do, I hit the
    > button and it says "A program could not start. Please try
    > again". The problem here is that I am not sure what
    > program wont start

    Look in the PC's System Event Log and/or Application Event Log

    --
    Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    I looked in the local station and also on the one I am
    doing it from niether refrence what program cant start. I
    have looked through the logs but it doesnt reference
    anything that would let me know what program is having the
    problem. It does reference that the services are running
    when they start but little information after that. Thanks
    in advance

    This is happening to me as well on a XP system without SP2. On the system w/
    SP2 it starts to load and thenI get a message that says there is a problem
    with the invitation and it can't be opened, please have them resend an
    invitation.

    You can try updating to SP2 to see if that fixes it for you but I still get
    that error i mentioned above. If you find a fix please let me know as I am in
    the same boat.

    Paola

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > I looked in the local station and also on the one I am
    > doing it from niether refrence what program cant start. I
    > have looked through the logs but it doesnt reference
    > anything that would let me know what program is having the
    > problem. It does reference that the services are running
    > when they start but little information after that. Thanks
    > in advance

Windows XP