Anyone using Linksys WUSB54G with Check Point VPN-1

Is anyone using a linksys wusb54g to access systems
via Check point VPN-1 SecurRemote?

I have a WRT54g connected to a cable modem with a desktop plugged
directly into the Linksys router, Checkpoint runs
fine on the system that is connected directly to the router.

I have another desktop in a different room that's using the wusb54g
wireless usb adapter, from this desktop check point is unable to
connect to our gateway server, I've tried forwarding numerous ports on
the wusb54g system and even putting the wireless system into a DMZ,
still no luck.

The ports I've tried forwarding on the linksys router are
80,500,1060,1080,1723,2746,3935,18231 is there some other port
I'm missing?

Also since check point works fine on the desktop system connected
directly to the WRT54G is it reasonable to assume that No
forwarding/triggering or set up in a DMZ should be necessary for the
system using the WUSB54G also? The system using the WUSB54G works fine
for all other internet access Except VPN.

I know I must be missing something so I would really appreciate any
help

Thank You
5 answers Last reply
More about anyone linksys wusb54g check point

    Thank you for the quick Response!

    I have noticed one odd thing on the PC I'm having a problem
    with under network connections It is showing a Enabled Internet
    connection (I take this to mean at some point I must have
    turned on Internet Connection Sharing) whereas I Believe the
    correct setup would be to have the system with the WUSB54g
    access the internet via access point--WRT54G

    I did try disabling the Icon under Internet Connection but
    at that point I lost the ability to access any internet site though
    I could still access the WRT54G's login page.

    Would it make sense at this point to Disable the object under
    Internet Connection and then Uninstal/Re-install the WUSB54G?
    on the problem PC

    Thank You !

    team78@hotmail.com wrote:

    > I have a WRT54g connected to a cable modem with a desktop plugged
    > directly into the Linksys router, Checkpoint runs
    > fine on the system that is connected directly to the router.
    >
    > I have another desktop in a different room that's using the wusb54g
    > wireless usb adapter, from this desktop check point is unable to
    > connect to our gateway server, I've tried forwarding numerous ports on
    > the wusb54g system and even putting the wireless system into a DMZ,
    > still no luck.
    >
    > The ports I've tried forwarding on the linksys router are
    > 80,500,1060,1080,1723,2746,3935,18231 is there some other port
    > I'm missing?

    Since you are making an outgoing call, no port forwarding should be
    necessary at all. I suspect the problem might be elsewhere. On the
    USB-connected PC, are you sure that the VPN software is trying to make its
    connection over the USB wireless dongle rather than through any local
    ethernet interface?

    Can you try temporarily wiring the problematic PC directly by ethernet to
    the WRT54G, just to see whether you can isolate the problem to the wireless
    link, or whether it is something in the PC itself.

    --
    Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    David Smith <team78@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I have noticed one odd thing on the PC I'm having a problem
    > with under network connections It is showing a Enabled Internet
    > connection

    Might this be the WUSB54G itself?

    > (I take this to mean at some point I must have
    > turned on Internet Connection Sharing)

    You can always turn ICS off if it is accidenctally turned on for any Network
    Connection.

    > Would it make sense at this point to Disable the object under
    > Internet Connection and then Uninstal/Re-install the WUSB54G?
    > on the problem PC

    If the WUSB54G is providing good internet connections in general there is no
    need to reinstall it.

    You might try opening a command prompt window, typing the command

    ipconfig /all

    and posting all the response here.

    --
    Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk

    Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Linksys Wireless-G USB
    Network Adapt
    er
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-66-EA-65-A6
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    24.53.86.14
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 31, 2005
    7:36:46 PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, February 01, 2005
    7:36:46 P

    Here's the Network connections the one I'm currious about is Internet
    Gateway, If
    I disable it I can no longer reach sites beyond my router Hence the
    reason I was thinking
    about deleting it an reinstalling the WUSB54G

    thanks

    David Smith <team78@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:

    The data posted looked fine: no problems.

    > Here's the Network connections the one I'm currious about is Internet
    > Gateway, If I disable it I can no longer reach sites beyond my router

    Do not disable "Internet Gateway". It represents the UPnP capabilities of
    your router. It has nothing to do with any VPN problems you might be
    having.

    --
    Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    rdhw@cam.ac.uk