Newbie question

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

I have CS installed but i cannot get a connection with a server. Does anyone
know a answer for me what to do. I have installed everything even DOD. and
all the others.

Or maybe a website i can look for the answer.

thanks
33 answers Last reply
More about newbie question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:29:24 +0200, "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote:

    >I have CS installed but i cannot get a connection with a server. Does anyone
    >know a answer for me what to do. I have installed everything even DOD. and
    >all the others.
    >
    >Or maybe a website i can look for the answer.

    In addition to the suggestions made by other posters, you also need to
    provide information about your ISP, as well as the connection between you
    and the Internet (e.g. Is there a firewall or some form of NAT?)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    www.google.com has all the help.

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    ---
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
    > I have CS installed but i cannot get a connection with a server.
    Does anyone
    > know a answer for me what to do. I have installed everything even
    DOD. and
    > all the others.

    Which version of CS have you installed? If you bought a Boxed CD then
    you will need to visit www.steampowered.com and update it to the
    latest version (1.6) If you already have 1.6 and a steam account then
    you need to tell us what error messages you get.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    I got 1.6 Steam and already signed in
    here is what i do and see.

    Start C.S
    - Play CS
    - Quickstart
    - I get the message :Out of date
    - Then i run update
    - receiving servers
    - Countdown
    - Then a message show: Could not connect to gameserver. Reason: Could not
    complete connection attempt.

    "I like toys and cake" <somegeexer@aplace.aa> schreef in bericht

    > "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
    > > I have CS installed but i cannot get a connection with a server.
    > Does anyone
    > > know a answer for me what to do. I have installed everything even
    > DOD. and
    > > all the others.
    > >

    > Which version of CS have you installed? If you bought a Boxed CD then
    > you will need to visit www.steampowered.com and update it to the
    > latest version (1.6) If you already have 1.6 and a steam account then
    > you need to tell us what error messages you get.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > I got 1.6 Steam and already signed in
    > here is what i do and see.
    >
    > Start C.S
    > - Play CS
    > - Quickstart
    > - I get the message :Out of date
    > - Then i run update
    > - receiving servers
    > - Countdown
    > - Then a message show: Could not connect to gameserver. Reason:
    Could not
    > complete connection attempt.

    That sounds very much like CS1.5 to me, 1.6 as far as I can remember
    (I haven't played in a few weeks and it's currently updating so I
    can't run it) does not have the quickstart option as it uses the
    servers window from the steam client

    Did you start the steam client then click games then click Counter
    Strike?
    When you start CS do you get a menu with horrible rough looking text
    that "glows" when you select it and fills almost the full height of
    the screen or do you get a picture of some cops with the steam logo in
    the bottom right and some clean white text in the bottom left with
    options to find servers or start a new game etc?

    If you get anything but a picture of some cops with the steam logo in
    the bottom right then you are not running 1.6.

    If this is the case and you are running an old version then the reason
    will be that, there aren't many old style WON servers left so the
    horrible quickstart option will find any old server and try to connect
    even if it's on the other side of the world and will most likely fail
    the old WON authentication will soon be switched off (July 31st) and
    anything below CS1.6 will not work at all on-line.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "I like toys and cake" <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote in message

    > "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
    > > I got 1.6 Steam and already signed in
    > > here is what i do and see.
    > >
    > > Start C.S
    > > - Play CS
    > > - Quickstart
    > > - I get the message :Out of date
    > > - Then i run update
    > > - receiving servers
    > > - Countdown
    > > - Then a message show: Could not connect to gameserver. Reason:
    > Could not
    > > complete connection attempt.

    > That sounds very much like CS1.5 to me, 1.6 as far as I can remember
    > (I haven't played in a few weeks and it's currently updating so I
    > can't run it) does not have the quickstart option as it uses the
    > servers window from the steam client

    CS just finished updating when you start CS if the screen looks
    different to this http://www.techaddict.net/csscreen/ then you are
    running an old version and need to update. This is a screenshot off
    the first screen you get when you run the current CS1.6 release (no
    skin packs etc)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > www.google.com has all the help.

    Another smartarse. If that is so then this newsgroup doesn't need to exist.
    He/she came to this newsgroup for a particular reason, if you don't know it
    then you may need to use Google.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "WatchOutBeadlesAbout" <nospammedont@antispamdontspambrigade.info.tx> wrote
    in message news:cdbibi$j8n$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > > www.google.com has all the help.
    >
    > Another smartarse. If that is so then this newsgroup doesn't need to
    exist.
    > He/she came to this newsgroup for a particular reason, if you don't know
    it
    > then you may need to use Google.

    OOooh,get her
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "sc®umble" <yahboo@gotohellspam.com> wrote in message

    > "WatchOutBeadlesAbout" <nospammedont@antispamdontspambrigade.info.tx>
    wrote
    > in message news:cdbibi$j8n$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > > > www.google.com has all the help.
    > >
    > > Another smartarse. If that is so then this newsgroup doesn't need to
    > exist.
    > > He/she came to this newsgroup for a particular reason, if you don't know
    > it
    > > then you may need to use Google.
    >
    > OOooh,get her

    Someone's got sand in their knickers, haven't they?

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    ---
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "WatchOutBeadlesAbout" <nospammedont@antispamdontspambrigade.info.tx> wrote
    in message news:cdbibi$j8n$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > > www.google.com has all the help.
    >
    > Another smartarse. If that is so then this newsgroup doesn't need to
    exist.
    > He/she came to this newsgroup for a particular reason, if you don't know
    it
    > then you may need to use Google.

    How would Google help me exactly?

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    ---
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "WatchOutBeadlesAbout"
    <nospammedont@antispamdontspambrigade.info.tx> wrote
    > in message news:cdbibi$j8n$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > > > www.google.com has all the help.
    > >
    > > Another smartarse. If that is so then this newsgroup doesn't need
    > exist.
    > > He/she came to this newsgroup for a particular reason, if you
    don't know
    > it
    > > then you may need to use Google.
    > >

    > How would Google help me exactly?

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=newsgroup+etiquette&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > "WatchOutBeadlesAbout"
    > <nospammedont@antispamdontspambrigade.info.tx> wrote
    > > in message news:cdbibi$j8n$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > > >
    > > > Another smartarse. If that is so then this newsgroup doesn't need
    > > exist.
    > > > He/she came to this newsgroup for a particular reason, if you
    > don't know
    > > it
    > > > then you may need to use Google.
    > > >

    > > How would Google help me exactly?
    >
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=newsgroup+etiquette&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

    It would seem that you could do with reading this one;

    http://www.google.com/googlegroups/posting_style.html#avoid

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    ---
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > It would seem that you could do with reading this one;
    >
    > http://www.google.com/googlegroups/posting_style.html#avoid

    I didn't start the cross posting I am merely replying, as are you.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > It would seem that you could do with reading this one;
    > >
    > > http://www.google.com/googlegroups/posting_style.html#avoid
    > >
    > I didn't start the cross posting I am merely replying, as are you.

    Please stop crosspotsing to our group or i will report you

    thanks

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    ---
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > "I like toys and cake" <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > > It would seem that you could do with reading this one;
    > > >
    > > > http://www.google.com/googlegroups/posting_style.html#avoid
    > > >
    > > I didn't start the cross posting I am merely replying, as are you.
    > >

    > Please stop crosspotsing to our group or i will report you

    Report me for what and to whom? Firstly you are cross-posting to my
    group so you would be a hypocrite for even thinking about it and
    secondly cross-posting is not forbidden, in fact it is specifically
    referred to as being OK in RFC 1855

    see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

    "If you feel an article will be of interest to more than one
    Newsgroup, be sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than individually
    post it to those groups."

    Also as I did not start this cross-posted thread and alt groups are
    unmoderated, even if there were rules against cross-posting, there is
    not much you can do to me.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "I like toys and cake" <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > > I didn't start the cross posting I am merely replying, as are you.
    > > >

    > > Please stop crosspotsing to our group or i will report you
    > >

    > Report me for what and to whom? Firstly you are cross-posting to my
    > group so you would be a hypocrite for even thinking about it and
    > secondly cross-posting is not forbidden, in fact it is specifically
    > referred to as being OK in RFC 1855
    >
    > see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
    >
    > "If you feel an article will be of interest to more than one
    > Newsgroup, be sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than individually
    > post it to those groups."
    >
    > Also as I did not start this cross-posted thread and alt groups are
    > unmoderated, even if there were rules against cross-posting, there is
    > not much you can do to me.

    OK, I have now reported you to the internet for your abusive spam postings.

    Please respect this group.

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    ---
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > > > Please stop crosspotsing to our group or i will report you
    > > >

    > > Report me for what and to whom? Firstly you are cross-posting to
    my
    > > group so you would be a hypocrite for even thinking about it and
    > > secondly cross-posting is not forbidden, in fact it is
    specifically
    > > referred to as being OK in RFC 1855
    > >
    > > see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
    > >
    > > "If you feel an article will be of interest to more than one
    > > Newsgroup, be sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than
    individually
    > > post it to those groups."
    > >
    > > Also as I did not start this cross-posted thread and alt groups
    are
    > > unmoderated, even if there were rules against cross-posting, there
    is
    > > not much you can do to me.
    > >

    > OK, I have now reported you to the internet for your abusive spam
    postings.

    > Please respect this group.

    As I stated, I have not broken any rules.
    The only body you could have reported me to is my ISP and as I have
    not broken any rules they cannot do anything.
    You never stated which group you subscribe to for me to remove it from
    the original posters list.
    I have never used abusive or offensive language.
    USENET is a medium for free discussion which is what I am doing.
    Your first reply in this thread was unhelpful and dismissive, people
    come to these groups for discussion and help. Simply pointing them to
    search engines is not in the spirit of USENET groups.
    Nobody else seems to be bothered by my posts and if they are they have
    simply done what you should have done and either added me to their
    killfile or simply ignored the thread.

    I thought seriously about returning the favour and reporting you to
    your ISP but you have not broken any rules either and besides, to do
    so would be stooping to your level.

    I think perhaps you have found yourself out of your depth. Unable to
    offer a firm position in a discussion which arose because of your
    dismissive post, simply pointing someone who had asked for help to a
    search engine, you have had a juvenile tantrum. To quote one of your
    earlier posts in this thread "Someone's got sand in their knickers,
    haven't they?"

    I have now added you to my killfile so any late attempt at salvaging
    some kind of dignity for yourself will be wasted.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:10:46 +0100, I like toys and cake
    <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote:

    Just like shooting fish in a barrel. An excellent piece of trolling there
    by Mr Listy. For those who have no idea whats going on, ask one of your
    newsgroups old-timers about aghltfc.

    /me waves to the baby-eaters

    --
    x-bow
    41581878

    "x-bow" <usenet@snuh.co.uk> wrote in message news:opsbbnaun6xsukef@weasel...
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:10:46 +0100, I like toys and cake
    > <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote:
    >
    > Just like shooting fish in a barrel. An excellent piece of trolling there
    > by Mr Listy. For those who have no idea whats going on, ask one of your
    > newsgroups old-timers about aghltfc.
    >
    > /me waves to the baby-eaters

    I think the word used to be SPNAK!!!!

    /cricket claps Listy

    Kirby

    > --
    > x-bow
    > 41581878
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "x-bow" <usenet@snuh.co.uk> wrote in message news:opsbbnaun6xsukef@weasel...
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:10:46 +0100, I like toys and cake
    > <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote:
    >
    > Just like shooting fish in a barrel. An excellent piece of trolling there
    > by Mr Listy. For those who have no idea whats going on, ask one of your
    > newsgroups old-timers about aghltfc.
    >
    > /me waves to the baby-eaters

    Hey, we're over here!
    --
    David
    davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    > "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > >

    > > > Report me for what and to whom? Firstly you are cross-posting to
    > my
    > > > group so you would be a hypocrite for even thinking about it and
    > > > secondly cross-posting is not forbidden, in fact it is
    > specifically
    > > > referred to as being OK in RFC 1855
    > > >
    > > > see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
    > > >
    > > > "If you feel an article will be of interest to more than one
    > > > Newsgroup, be sure to CROSSPOST the article rather than
    > individually
    > > > post it to those groups."
    > > >
    > > > Also as I did not start this cross-posted thread and alt groups
    > are
    > > > unmoderated, even if there were rules against cross-posting, there
    > is
    > > > not much you can do to me.
    > > >

    > > OK, I have now reported you to the internet for your abusive spam
    > postings.
    > >
    > > Please respect this group.
    > >

    > As I stated, I have not broken any rules.
    > The only body you could have reported me to is my ISP and as I have
    > not broken any rules they cannot do anything.
    > You never stated which group you subscribe to for me to remove it from
    > the original posters list.
    > I have never used abusive or offensive language.
    > USENET is a medium for free discussion which is what I am doing.
    > Your first reply in this thread was unhelpful and dismissive, people
    > come to these groups for discussion and help. Simply pointing them to
    > search engines is not in the spirit of USENET groups.

    A simple search of Google Groups shows that in fact www.google.com has been
    quoted 589,000 times on Usenet, more than any other single phrase. It would
    seem that guiding people towards Google is precisely what Usenet exists for.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=w
    ww.google.com

    > Nobody else seems to be bothered by my posts and if they are they have
    > simply done what you should have done and either added me to their
    > killfile or simply ignored the thread.

    Two words: Off Topic.

    > I thought seriously about returning the favour and reporting you to
    > your ISP but you have not broken any rules either and besides, to do
    > so would be stooping to your level.

    No, *I* haven't broken any rules.

    > I think perhaps you have found yourself out of your depth. Unable to
    > offer a firm position in a discussion which arose because of your
    > dismissive post, simply pointing someone who had asked for help to a
    > search engine, you have had a juvenile tantrum. To quote one of your
    > earlier posts in this thread "Someone's got sand in their knickers,
    > haven't they?"

    Let's hear it for Cornflake box psychology!

    > I have now added you to my killfile so any late attempt at salvaging
    > some kind of dignity for yourself will be wasted.

    Yes, but you're actually reading this aren't you? You say you've added me
    to your killfile, but in fact I know you are reading this with the morbid
    curiosity usually reserved for car crashes or gaping wounds.

    Of course, you're reading it from the local library as I had you deleted
    from the internet but you're still reading it.

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    ---
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > "sc®umble" <yahboo@gotohellspam.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "WatchOutBeadlesAbout" <nospammedont@antispamdontspambrigade.info.tx>
    > wrote
    > > in message news:cdbibi$j8n$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
    > > >
    > > > Another smartarse. If that is so then this newsgroup doesn't need to
    > > exist.
    > > > He/she came to this newsgroup for a particular reason, if you don't
    know
    > > it
    > > > then you may need to use Google.
    > >
    > > OOooh,get her
    > >

    > Someone's got sand in their knickers, haven't they?

    Crabs as well

    /scratches

    --
    sc um le
    ------- - - - ------ - - -------- ---

    Lond n Z o hav of r d a eward or it aptur

    I 's wher abo ts are cur ent y unkn w .
    -- - ----------- - - - - - ------- -
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "David Firewater" <davidfirewater.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "x-bow" <usenet@snuh.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:10:46 +0100, I like toys and cake
    > > <somegeexer@aplace.aa> wrote:
    > >
    > > Just like shooting fish in a barrel. An excellent piece of trolling
    there
    > > by Mr Listy. For those who have no idea whats going on, ask one of your
    > > newsgroups old-timers about aghltfc.
    > >
    > > /me waves to the baby-eaters
    >
    > Hey, we're over here!

    No! I'm over here!
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:58:11 +0100, "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >> I thought seriously about returning the favour and reporting you to
    >> your ISP but you have not broken any rules either and besides, to do
    >> so would be stooping to your level.
    >
    >No, *I* haven't broken any rules.

    Of course you haven't. </sarcasm>

    >Yes, but you're actually reading this aren't you? You say you've added me
    >to your killfile, but in fact I know you are reading this with the morbid
    >curiosity usually reserved for car crashes or gaping wounds.

    Perhaps you don't know that most killfiles don't take effect for postings
    currently being replied to. That's why you see posters saying *PLONK*
    while doing the permanent killfile.

    By the way, *PLONK*.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:58:11 +0100, "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> I thought seriously about returning the favour and reporting you to
    > >> your ISP but you have not broken any rules either and besides, to do
    > >> so would be stooping to your level.
    > >
    > >No, *I* haven't broken any rules.
    >
    > Of course you haven't. </sarcasm>
    >
    > >Yes, but you're actually reading this aren't you? You say you've added
    me
    > >to your killfile, but in fact I know you are reading this with the morbid
    > >curiosity usually reserved for car crashes or gaping wounds.
    >
    > Perhaps you don't know that most killfiles don't take effect for postings
    > currently being replied to. That's why you see posters saying *PLONK*
    > while doing the permanent killfile.

    And perhaps he does ?

    > By the way, *PLONK*.

    *PLANK*

    Kirby

  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:58:11 +0100, "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> I thought seriously about returning the favour and reporting you to
    > >> your ISP but you have not broken any rules either and besides, to do
    > >> so would be stooping to your level.
    > >
    > >No, *I* haven't broken any rules.
    >
    > Of course you haven't. </sarcasm>
    >
    > >Yes, but you're actually reading this aren't you? You say you've added
    me
    > >to your killfile, but in fact I know you are reading this with the morbid
    > >curiosity usually reserved for car crashes or gaping wounds.
    >
    > Perhaps you don't know that most killfiles don't take effect for postings
    > currently being replied to. That's why you see posters saying *PLONK*
    > while doing the permanent killfile.
    >
    > By the way, *PLONK*.

    You Plonker Raymond

    _-_
    He Who Dares Rodders
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:58:11 +0100, "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> I thought seriously about returning the favour and reporting you to
    > >> your ISP but you have not broken any rules either and besides, to do
    > >> so would be stooping to your level.
    > >
    > >No, *I* haven't broken any rules.
    >
    > Of course you haven't. </sarcasm>

    I don't see why you did the <sarcasm>, I really haven't done anything wrong
    here. Usenet is meant to be all about free speech and here these people are
    trying to censor me when all I did was offer help and support.

    > >Yes, but you're actually reading this aren't you? You say you've added
    me
    > >to your killfile, but in fact I know you are reading this with the morbid
    > >curiosity usually reserved for car crashes or gaping wounds.
    >
    > Perhaps you don't know that most killfiles don't take effect for postings
    > currently being replied to. That's why you see posters saying *PLONK*
    > while doing the permanent killfile

    I have just reported you to the internet for crossposting too (I know you're
    reading this too, pedants can never let go of threads)

    Kthxbi

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    Raymond Martineau wrote:

    > Perhaps you don't know that most killfiles don't take effect for postings
    > currently being replied to. That's why you see posters saying *PLONK*
    > while doing the permanent killfile.
    >
    > By the way, *PLONK*.

    PSST, you guys over at AGHLCS, Don't feed the AGHLTFC'ers.

    ;-)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    Disclaimer:
    This post may contain explicit depictions of things which are "real".
    These "real" things are commonly known as 'life'! So, if it sounds
    sarcastic, don't take it seriously. If it sounds hazardous, Do not try
    this at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don't read it.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    Thanks all for the clearing answers, huh

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> schreef in bericht
    > On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:29:24 +0200, "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote:
    >
    > >I have CS installed but i cannot get a connection with a server. Does
    anyone
    > >know a answer for me what to do. I have installed everything even DOD.
    and
    > >all the others.
    > >
    > >Or maybe a website i can look for the answer.
    >
    > In addition to the suggestions made by other posters, you also need to
    > provide information about your ISP, as well as the connection between you
    > and the Internet (e.g. Is there a firewall or some form of NAT?)

  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    > "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@freenet.carleton.ca> schreef in bericht
    > > On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:29:24 +0200, "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl>
    wrote:

    > > >I have CS installed but i cannot get a connection with a server. Does
    > anyone
    > > >know a answer for me what to do. I have installed everything even DOD.
    > and
    > > >all the others.
    > > >
    > > >Or maybe a website i can look for the answer.
    > >
    > > In addition to the suggestions made by other posters, you also need to
    > > provide information about your ISP, as well as the connection between
    you
    > > and the Internet (e.g. Is there a firewall or some form of NAT?)
    > >

    > Thanks all for the clearing answers, huh

    HTH HAND

    --

    alt i s enter
    l i s enter

    On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:49:41 +0100, "Listy"
    <britne_yspears@hotmail.com> annonced:

    >www.google.com has all the help.

    screw the WWW and screw WWW forums.

    KEEP USENET ALIVE
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    iforgotmypasswordagain <dave@com.com> wrote in message

    > screw the WWW and screw WWW forums.
    >
    > KEEP USENET ALIVE

    Amen to that....

    Uzi
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.games.half-life.counterstrike,alt.games.half-life.tfclassic (More info?)

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:47:26 -0400, Raymond Martineau felt the need to
    say...
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:58:11 +0100, "Listy" <britne_yspears@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> I thought seriously about returning the favour and reporting you to
    > >> your ISP but you have not broken any rules either and besides, to do
    > >> so would be stooping to your level.
    > >
    > >No, *I* haven't broken any rules.
    >
    > Of course you haven't. </sarcasm>
    >
    > >Yes, but you're actually reading this aren't you? You say you've added me
    > >to your killfile, but in fact I know you are reading this with the morbid
    > >curiosity usually reserved for car crashes or gaping wounds.
    >
    > Perhaps you don't know that most killfiles don't take effect for postings
    > currently being replied to. That's why you see posters saying *PLONK*
    > while doing the permanent killfile.
    >
    > By the way, *PLONK*.

    /W00000000000000sh

    /me applauds and drinks more pimms

    Dr. Dan Shaolin, Ph.D
    Dept. of Beerology
    University of Pants
    UK
    Snoochie Bootchies Bluntman!

    "Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy
    condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness
    experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life
    is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom
    with the weather."
    Bill Hicks

    "You know your problem? You're Floccinauccinehilipilificating."

    "Okay brain you don't like me and I don't like you, but
    lets get through this and I'll get back to killing you with beer"
    Homer Simpson

    alt.fan.dan-shaolin

Connection Games Servers Video Games