Leaving Remote Location Unlocked after Connection

February 1, 2005 1:01:01 AM

I am attempting to use Remote desktop to connect to a computer that runs a
presentation constantly. What I need to be able to do it remotely connect to
it, using remote desktop or the like, and then once I am finished, leave the
computer unlocked, with the display still showing the presentation. When I
disconnect from the Remote Desktop, it then locks the computer and says the
classic "CTL ALT DEL" login screen.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:49:30 PM

Oppie wrote:
> I am attempting to use Remote desktop to connect to a computer that
> runs a presentation constantly. What I need to be able to do it
> remotely connect to it, using remote desktop or the like, and then
> once I am finished, leave the computer unlocked, with the display
> still showing the presentation. When I disconnect from the Remote
> Desktop, it then locks the computer and says the classic "CTL ALT
> DEL" login screen.
>
> Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

You can't disconnect and have it show anything on the console, just as you
can't let anyone see what you're doing on the console when you're logged in
remotely. You might want to look into UltraVNC or similar.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:49:31 PM

The Problem with using VNC is that the way the network is setup, it will not
allow me to tunnel like that.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Oppie wrote:
> > I am attempting to use Remote desktop to connect to a computer that
> > runs a presentation constantly. What I need to be able to do it
> > remotely connect to it, using remote desktop or the like, and then
> > once I am finished, leave the computer unlocked, with the display
> > still showing the presentation. When I disconnect from the Remote
> > Desktop, it then locks the computer and says the classic "CTL ALT
> > DEL" login screen.
> >
> > Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
>
> You can't disconnect and have it show anything on the console, just as you
> can't let anyone see what you're doing on the console when you're logged in
> remotely. You might want to look into UltraVNC or similar.

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 2:50:59 PM

Oppie wrote:
> The Problem with using VNC is that the way the network is setup, it
> will not allow me to tunnel like that.

Sorry, can't think of anything else. RD will not do what you want. It does
not allow anyone to watch what you're doing when you're logged in, so it
sure won't leave something running that other people can see when you
disconnect.

!