Leaving Remote Location Unlocked after Connection

I am attempting to use Remote desktop to connect to a computer that runs a
presentation constantly. What I need to be able to do it remotely connect to
it, using remote desktop or the like, and then once I am finished, leave the
computer unlocked, with the display still showing the presentation. When I
disconnect from the Remote Desktop, it then locks the computer and says the
classic "CTL ALT DEL" login screen.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
3 answers Last reply
More about leaving remote location unlocked connection

    Oppie wrote:
    > I am attempting to use Remote desktop to connect to a computer that
    > runs a presentation constantly. What I need to be able to do it
    > remotely connect to it, using remote desktop or the like, and then
    > once I am finished, leave the computer unlocked, with the display
    > still showing the presentation. When I disconnect from the Remote
    > Desktop, it then locks the computer and says the classic "CTL ALT
    > DEL" login screen.
    >
    > Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

    You can't disconnect and have it show anything on the console, just as you
    can't let anyone see what you're doing on the console when you're logged in
    remotely. You might want to look into UltraVNC or similar.

    The Problem with using VNC is that the way the network is setup, it will not
    allow me to tunnel like that.

    Oppie wrote:
    > The Problem with using VNC is that the way the network is setup, it
    > will not allow me to tunnel like that.

    Sorry, can't think of anything else. RD will not do what you want. It does
    not allow anyone to watch what you're doing when you're logged in, so it
    sure won't leave something running that other people can see when you
    disconnect.

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
    >
    >> Oppie wrote:
    >>> I am attempting to use Remote desktop to connect to a computer that
    >>> runs a presentation constantly. What I need to be able to do it
    >>> remotely connect to it, using remote desktop or the like, and then
    >>> once I am finished, leave the computer unlocked, with the display
    >>> still showing the presentation. When I disconnect from the Remote
    >>> Desktop, it then locks the computer and says the classic "CTL ALT
    >>> DEL" login screen.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
    >>
    >> You can't disconnect and have it show anything on the console, just
    >> as you can't let anyone see what you're doing on the console when
    >> you're logged in remotely. You might want to look into UltraVNC or
    >> similar.

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows XP