stop remote desktop manual

Dear all,

Can I stop Windows XP Remote Desktop function by manual? I try to stop
terminal service, but I can¡¦t stop it. I want to write a script to stop it
manual. How should I do that?

Many thanks for your help!
1 answer Last reply
More about stop remote desktop manual

    David,
    You cannot stop the service that run Remote Desktop (termsrv.dll).
    If you want to make so it stop functioning (not accepting remote desktop
    connection), you can run the following vbs script:

    Set obji =
    GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}").InstancesOf("Win32_TerminalServiceSetting")
    For Each Terminal In obji
    Terminal.SetAllowTSConnections 0
    Terminal.refresh_
    Next

    Thanks
    Soo Kuan

    "David" <david@msn.com.nospam> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >

    > Can I stop Windows XP Remote Desktop function by manual? I try to stop
    > terminal service, but I can¡¦t stop it. I want to write a script to stop
    > it
    > manual. How should I do that?
    >

    > Many thanks for your help!

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP