Is microsoft office 2003 Compatible with Windows 7

Dave Ruppel

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
I'm building a PC and will be installing Windows 7 64 bit home edition. Can I install Office 2003 or will I need to upgrade to office 2007?

Solution
Be advised ..... I have twice rec'd calls from Office Managers who are dealing with employee revolts :) ..... over the 2003 -> 2007 MS Office "upgrade".

Quelled the revolt by suggesting they download open office :) which also makes the office bean counter happy :)
Be advised ..... I have twice rec'd calls from Office Managers who are dealing with employee revolts :) ..... over the 2003 -> 2007 MS Office "upgrade".

Quelled the revolt by suggesting they download open office :) which also makes the office bean counter happy :)

Solution

w7pro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Office 2003 will work on Windows 7. Actually, up until recently, I was using Office 2003 and I realized that the spell check is completely outdated when it comes to words that have been recently added to the American lexicon. So keep that in mind that you are dealing with software nearly a decade old.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

Dave Ruppel

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011

Thanks for reminding me about Open Office. This would be a good time to give it a try. I have had Open office for several years, but have not done anything with it.