Problem going backward from Premiere Pro to 6.0

Hi,

I just upgraded from Windows 2000 to XP Pro, so I could also upgrade
from Premiere 6 to Premiere Pro. I did a clean install of XP Pro, wiping
the hard drive.

So right when I started getting acquainted with Premiere Pro, I got a
small but rush job, and after a few initial problems with Pro, I decided
that I could do the job quicker on the old software. I uninstalled Pro
and installed 6.02 (6 + updates).

But now I'm having heretofore unseen problems with Premiere 6.02.

Namely, the video that I'm capturing -- analog source passed through a
DV camera -- is showing up in Premiere with the bottom half of the
screen all black, whether on a still image or during playback. I checked
the capturing software -- the most recent Scenalyzer update -- and I'm
capturing in Type 2. I tried Type 1 just to see what happened, and that
shows up fine in the Premiere monitor window on a still image, but
wouldn't play in the timeline (no surprise).

Then I tried Premiere's capture and the same thing happened: the whole
bottom half of the frame is black.

Interestingly, when I try to play the avi files in other software, there
are problems. Nero's Showtime, which has played mpeg2 files fine
recently, plays on the audio and not the video from these captured AVIs.

Did I screw up my codecs when replacing the newer premiere with the old
one?

Anyone have any idea how I managed to f- this up?

Thanks.

Do a system rollback to just before you installed Premiere Pro - the first
one created immediately after the fresh install of XP would suffice. Install
6 and the updates and that should do it.
--
Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions

"Travis Pupkin" <tpupkin@dorrk.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from Windows 2000 to XP Pro, so I could also upgrade
> from Premiere 6 to Premiere Pro. I did a clean install of XP Pro, wiping
> the hard drive.
>
> So right when I started getting acquainted with Premiere Pro, I got a
> small but rush job, and after a few initial problems with Pro, I decided
> that I could do the job quicker on the old software. I uninstalled Pro
> and installed 6.02 (6 + updates).
>
> But now I'm having heretofore unseen problems with Premiere 6.02.
>
> Namely, the video that I'm capturing -- analog source passed through a
> DV camera -- is showing up in Premiere with the bottom half of the
> screen all black, whether on a still image or during playback. I checked
> the capturing software -- the most recent Scenalyzer update -- and I'm
> capturing in Type 2. I tried Type 1 just to see what happened, and that
> shows up fine in the Premiere monitor window on a still image, but
> wouldn't play in the timeline (no surprise).
>
> Then I tried Premiere's capture and the same thing happened: the whole
> bottom half of the frame is black.
>
> Interestingly, when I try to play the avi files in other software, there
> are problems. Nero's Showtime, which has played mpeg2 files fine
> recently, plays on the audio and not the video from these captured AVIs.
>
> Did I screw up my codecs when replacing the newer premiere with the old
> one?
>
> Anyone have any idea how I managed to f- this up?
>
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS