Pinnacle Studio 8 - using existing AVI file

Can't see how to do this. Is there a way?

I've got an existing AVI file (already imported from DV Camcorder)
which I want to edit in Studio.

All I can see is how to capture a new project...

Hi

Open edit and go to the folder that its in and click on fold to open
click on the avi you will now be able to see it and then you can drag
it to your time line. I am a Studio user also. I am running Studio 9 +
now. and love it.

Pat

On 23 Feb 2005 04:30:12 -0800, "paulfoel" <BertieBigBollox@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Can't see how to do this. Is there a way?
>
>I've got an existing AVI file (already imported from DV Camcorder)
>which I want to edit in Studio.
>
>All I can see is how to capture a new project...

In the Edit mode, do you see the box with the name of the current file
being edited in the upper left pane? To the right of that box, there
are two folders; the first moves you up one folder from the current
folder, the second (the rightmost one) will bring up a window from
which you can navigate to the folder with the file you want to edit.
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Jimmy

patm wrote:
> Hi
>
> Open edit and go to the folder that its in and click on fold to open
> click on the avi you will now be able to see it and then you can drag
> it to your time line. I am a Studio user also. I am running Studio 9 +
> now. and love it.
>
> Pat

Pat. Did you start out with Studio 8 and upgrade? If so how do you compare
the two. Have you constructed and home made transitions? I am anxious to
hear from other users and what they have been able to do with Studio.

J.

Yes I did start out with Studio 8..............I think you will find
the added thing in 9+
a must, u now have pip, croma key, 2 video time lines and so on. Look
at Pinnacle
web site to compare the two. Yes I have make a few transitions. Also
you may want to
check out Pinnacle's Discussion Forums and here is a web site with
some free transitions
http://declic.video.free.fr/HFXShare/hfxshare.htm#others
these are to be used with 9 and 9+.

Pat

Jimmy

patm wrote:
> Yes I did start out with Studio 8..............I think you will find
> the added thing in 9+
> a must, u now have pip, croma key, 2 video time lines and so on. Look
> at Pinnacle
> web site to compare the two. Yes I have make a few transitions. Also
> you may want to
> check out Pinnacle's Discussion Forums and here is a web site with
> some free transitions
> http://declic.video.free.fr/HFXShare/hfxshare.htm#others
> these are to be used with 9 and 9+.
>
> Pat

Are the old transitions compatible with the new Studio 9 package?

J.

Big Bill wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2005 04:30:12 -0800, "paulfoel" <BertieBigBollox@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Can't see how to do this. Is there a way?
> >
> >I've got an existing AVI file (already imported from DV Camcorder)
> >which I want to edit in Studio.
> >
> >All I can see is how to capture a new project...
>
> In the Edit mode, do you see the box with the name of the current
file
> being edited in the upper left pane? To the right of that box, there
> are two folders; the first moves you up one folder from the current
> folder, the second (the rightmost one) will bring up a window from
> which you can navigate to the folder with the file you want to edit.
> --
> Bill Funk
> Change "g" to "a"

Ah. I see.... Got it now. It was defaulting to what I assume was some
sort of demo file called 'Photoshoot'.

Only problem is now I can't open my file - it gives me an error saying
that the file cannnot be opened. Any ideas ? (BTW. Its a 12Gb AVI file
which plays OK on Media player when I click on it).

On 28 Feb 2005 03:33:08 -0800, "paulfoel" <BertieBigBollox@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Big Bill wrote:
>> On 23 Feb 2005 04:30:12 -0800, "paulfoel" <BertieBigBollox@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Can't see how to do this. Is there a way?
>> >
>> >I've got an existing AVI file (already imported from DV Camcorder)
>> >which I want to edit in Studio.
>> >
>> >All I can see is how to capture a new project...
>>
>> In the Edit mode, do you see the box with the name of the current
>file
>> being edited in the upper left pane? To the right of that box, there
>> are two folders; the first moves you up one folder from the current
>> folder, the second (the rightmost one) will bring up a window from
>> which you can navigate to the folder with the file you want to edit.
>> --
>> Bill Funk
>> Change "g" to "a"
>
>Ah. I see.... Got it now. It was defaulting to what I assume was some
>sort of demo file called 'Photoshoot'.
>
>Only problem is now I can't open my file - it gives me an error saying
>that the file cannnot be opened. Any ideas ? (BTW. Its a 12Gb AVI file
>which plays OK on Media player when I click on it).

Where did the AVI file come from?
I'm having the problem that Studio 9+ won't open a lot of AVI and MPEG
files it didn't import or generate. Not a major problem to me, as
that's mostly what I do, but it can get frustrating whn I get anpther
file it won't open.
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"